Sunday, December 4, 2011

My 500th post!!!!!!


Hard to believe!

It all started here one fall day in October 2007...

I began blogging!

The idea was to chronicle my quilting journey as it fit into my every day life.

I named my blog with the name I had given myself on my yahoo account.
You must all know the story by now...
too many Lisa's,
settling in upstate NY
and voila!
Hey, I became so famous that I had my own bus!

on our trip to Lancaster PA
(yeah right!)


The first quilt I ever blogged about was my Elvis quilt

Hexagons in Hawaii


And when I wasn't blogging about big quilts
I was blogging about smaller stuff to swap with new friends on flickr.
 
 I blogged about my first doll quilt swap that I entered...

The front of doll quilt for swap III
(and boy did those swaps become addicting!)

I introduced you to my family...

Family Time

(and how they have grown since this photo was taken!)


Nature Boy
and some of his quilts...

irish chain

A teenager with lots of stuff
and her quilts...

My first bed size quilt
(the first bed quilt that I ever made!)

and last but not least,
Sugarbaby (the former "Sloppy")
and her quilts...

princess quilt

And my,
how I have grown too!!!
Well not taller 
and I have been working on not getting wider too!!

But I have evolved...

I have gone from simple...

Yellow Brick Road made for my uncle

and scrappy...

my scrap quilt

to wonky...

TADA!

and free pieced...

The quilt is done!

tried some solids...

My quilt is done!

 and more recently,
 worked on more free form...

'Sunrise on the Mountain'

challenge #2, celebrate

And now,
there are all the other areas of media 
that I have added to my repertoire

painting...

my coffee mug

art journaling...

30 Days of NaNoJouMo! And I didn't miss one day!!!

monoprinting...

printing with a handmade stamp

hand dyeing...
drying on the lawn

and even some homeschooling on the side!

Math on Monday

I might even be found striking a pose on my blog...

hoping to find myself on the front of a Wheaties box ...

At home with my sewing utensils!

appearing incognito as the infamous garbage bag fairy...

the Garbage Bag Queen

and often,
on the floor of my sewing room...

Me on the floor


And even though I am constantly getting older

my trophies!

and older 

Me at 48!

and older...

Me on the floor

I have managed to get faster!

Reindeer Run, 12/3/11, Queensbury NY
Yesterday, I shaved 1 minute and 28 seconds off
my time from my last 5k run
(and this race started at the bottom of a hill, no less!)

But what makes blogging so much fun is that
blogging has opened up a whole new world of friends!
I appreciate you all!

I am grateful for the inspiration and friendship
you have brought to my life!

From my clean (ha,ha!) studio...
A relatively clean sewing room
to yours....

Thank you for popping by!

35 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 500th post - it has been fun following you along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! Thank you for sharing yourself with us!
    Congratulations on your achievements! It was fun to 'see' your journey in this post.
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the progression of your quilts. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to look back on your 'growth'! and I'm not referring to our 'middles'! Love seeing what you have done in the past. You should consider having your blog put to print. Blog2Print is a great resource. I've had two separate years printed and love looking back on my life (so does my family!). Again congrats for all the 'posting'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that apron photo! And fun to see your progression.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post .. congrats on 500!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post! I've been following for a few months now, love seeing the recap of what I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for your 500th post! Congratulations on all you have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!!! woo hoo 500!!!! Awesome post Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Loved seeing the evolutinon of your quilts and your blogging. And GO YOU on the new PB. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the retrospective - it is so great. You did a wonderful job and it was worth the time you put in it. It reminds long time readers of how great a ride it has been and gives new readers an idea of what they can look forward to with your blog. Happy 500th.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, fun to see what you've been up to the last four years. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your 500th post and I've enjoyed your blog immensely. You are a very creative person!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! your 500th post! Congratulations! I enjoyed how you presented your progression. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I had been watching out for your post, then I missed it! Oh well, I missed my 150, too. I love your little retrospective and am glad to be allowed to glimpse into your world all the way over there. By the way, I don't see any wrinkles or excess bits on you! Hang on, I'll just go and get my glasses......

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's always fun posts from you. Love this particular 500th post and I'm looking fwd for the next 500 posts...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your 500th post. I enjoy the small quilt that I won made by you. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats .. I remember your elvis quilt .. I didn't realise I'd followed you for so long as it's been fun and time flys with fun. keep up the interesting work ie your life and how you tell it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found your blog Lisa, Yay.. 500 posts, wow. Loved to see your evolution. It is wonderful to get better as we get older. Keep on posting so I can learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete