Monday, April 26, 2010

The Sport of Quilting...

I am thinking of petitioning the IOC ( International Olympic Committee, that is!) to have Quilting made a competitive sport at the next Olympics!!!!

I mean, haven't you ever thought of Quilting as a sport?!!

I don't know about you but I am always in a
I think I can, I think I can!!!!

Some quilting activities even include a marathon!!!!!

my book in a binder

Most sports have a dangerous edge to them...
the possibility of injury...

There is no doubt in my mind that
Quilting can be hazardous!!!!

close encounters

An Xray of my left middle finger after I quilted it..


There are colorful characters...

Mark Lipinski at guild

Jan Mullen

Kaffe Fassett at quilt guild, Oct 2007

and colorful quilts...

Some of my 2009 quilty creations


Travel opportunities!!!!

cheers!


Sometimes, you may even win an award...

Third Place in category, Second place for Polly Briwa Log Cabin Challenge, wallhanging category (prize money too!)



And if you do a really great job,
 You might even be on the front of a Wheaties cereal box!!!

At home with my sewing utensils!

(Eat your heart out, Lindsey Vonn!!!)



6 comments:

  1. I will certainly sign your petition! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would are uniforms look like?

    No special shoes required! Barefoot and not pregnant...in my case.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always in the race against time too when it comes to quilting. Now sure why that is...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would win the gold, for sure! And, if a sense of humor was a category, you would win that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really consider myself to be a sporty person but Quilting Olympics??? I am IN!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! This echoes the sentiment of my blog entry from last week, in which my husband called quilting a full contact sport, after my near injury with a flying needle!

    ReplyDelete