Tuesday, October 20, 2009

From me to you....

This weekend, I visited a quilt show nearby, the Empire Quilt Fest in Clifton Park NY. It was wonderful show, full of inspiration...

quilt show collage

and of course, the obligatory vendors!!!!!

I couldn't resist the cute black and white print and these polka dots. And I thought that was it...

some black/white and polka dots!

until I saw this cute little fat quarter packet!!!

a bunch of bright Christmas fabs

But that was it! I promise!!!

My dear SIL came with me. She has been talking about making her first quilt with my help and while she was there, she bought several beautiful fat quarters. You should have seen the excitement in her face!!! She exclaimed, "I bought fabric!"

Yup, I think she felt the pang of fabriholicism! Celebrate!

I didn't tell her about how some times your love of those fat quarters and projects seems to wane or change (the inevitable UFO's).

Lately, I have showed you a couple of UFO's that I have managed to finish. Well, I found a couple more to pull out of the pile! and I am ready to celebrate (I mean, my pile is receding!!!)

This is one that I started for myself along with the one that was finished and sent to Helen in a swap last summer.

mini quilt

Mine sat half quilted in a pile and so when I saw it this weekend, I realized how ridiculous it was not to finish it up and get it up on my quiltie wall!

my cherished quilties on the wall

Woohoo! Let's celebrate!

Last year at guild, I took a wonderful machine applique class from Debbie Fields. She gave us a whole lot of information but unfortunately, even though we got lots of practice, most of us never started the kits we had purchased.

Anyway.... I got the idea that I could pull out this barely started UFO to finish...

Catch of the Day

I plan to donate this hanging to a worthy cause. Friends for Crystal is raising funds to help a local woman who is in need of a double lung transplant.

Finally, if you have been around for awhile, you may know that I have spent endless posts gabbing, sharing my life and love of quilting to whomever will listen (or maybe there is noone out there listening).

Either way, today is my 300th post (can you believe I can talk that much in 2 years!??) Let's celebrate!

I am having a giveaway!!!!

This wee wonky Halloween quilt is up for grabs!!!!

Halloween quilt

I even quilted 'boo' !

'boo' quilted into the ground

Leave me a comment by October 25 at 8 PM EST to be included in my 300th post giveaway!

Apparently, the first time I was to go trick-or-treating, I was scared by my own costume and never went out!!! Hope this wonky house isn't too scary for you!

By the way, enrollment at our little homeschool adventure that we call "New School" just went up 100%. Sugarbaby decided that she couldn't be left out any longer and she has joined Nature Boy and I on our journey. Hope that doesn't take too much time away from my online gabbing!

Have a great week!!!

Yup, that's me!