Friday, May 21, 2010

The story of a quilt....

Amy is having another Blogger's Quilt Festival....




so I thought that I would enter my recent favorite quilt......

The tree quilt....


The quilt is done!

with a bit of a story!

Some of you may all ready know this one (shhhh!)...

Wonky trees... on my design wall (aka french door)

For the past few years, I had been making a quilt to be auctioned off in January
to raise funds for JDRF (an organization dear to my heart since
 my youngest child "Sugarbaby" was diagnosed Thanksgiving Day 2005 with type 1 diabetes)....

free pieced trees

and so the days leading up to the annual gala was a blur of black and white and green and turquoise....

On my wall.. adding wonky flying geese

and when it was done...

I think I can, I think I can!!!!

we were sad to see if it leave...


The quilt is done!

but all ended well when Mr. U brought it home to us...

It's home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and so.....
I can walk by it each and every day!!!!!

The tree quilt hangs in our hallway..

The End!



At home with my sewing utensils!  great story, huh? Now go check out all the other quilts at Amy's 
and have a good weekend!