Monday, February 22, 2016

Things that make me .....


I finished my word quilt this past weekend!!!

The blue fabric is hand dyed fabric in my stash 
and the background fabric is snow dyed fabric
 I created when we had snow last winter!

This winter I haven't been able to snow dye...



I played a lot with free motion quilting...


it's always easy to experiment on small projects.

The binding is some of the hand dyed fabric
 on which I had stenciled
with iridescent fabric paint... 


I am happy to have finished this word quilt
but it is a little more monochromatic than I am used to creating
so it may need some embellishing...
not sure yet.

This past week was 'winter break' in New York State schools.

Not really in need of a break from winter 
but Sugarbaby and I made our way down south to warmer and sunnier Florida



for a little R & R...


I always find plenty of inspiration in the little things...


flowers...



leaves...




raindrops...



seashells...


ocean waves...


French desserts...



and sunsets...


Feeling happy!