Wednesday, October 8, 2008

For Your Eyes Only!!!!

it's the storm before the calm!!!!!

So, after admitting the other day that I suffer from Crafter's ADD these days, I thought I would divulge the storm before the calm. Over at Chelsea's blog which I found through Lila's blog (all in the family), she is looking for the messiest creative space for a contest she is hosting.

Now, honestly, my fabric shelves aren't looking too bad...


and there are some bare spots on the floor under my sewing table (I haven't had time to put away my new magazines).....

but then I decided to leave my black/white/red blocks where the scrap box runneth over to move onto another project....

...and so other scraps began appearing on my ironing board (which I lowered so that I could just swivel my rear end to iron while I paper pieced)...
(getting kinda hard to move the ironing board since stuff keeps getting caught on the board's legs!!!)


and goodness knows how I would find any room to cut on my cutting table....

(I have to leave that book open so I can refer to the directions on how to make a zippered pocket on the project that I cut out but haven't started sewing).....but I did set up another smaller cutting area on my sewing table so I didn't have to get up so much anyway (paper piecing does take a lot of cutting and pressing).


You can see at least two projects finished or in some state of assembly (yes, that is the sewing table!).....

and it is good thing that I am not planning to serge today...
Sugarbaby has decided to start sewing in my company, so I made a little space for her and then she proceeded to dump all the felt on my sewing table, so I just dumped back (it is hereditary... you get it from your kids, right?!)!!!
I have to admit that this is a little embarrassing to share with you all but I know you creative people can understand that when you get going there is no stopping the storm.


I do plan to show you the calm soon, when that storm is over!!!!! Just don't invite me over for a sewing session right now!!!!

13 comments:

  1. ha! now which child of yours is the messy one? ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That looks so familiar!! There's just something about working with fabrics and scraps that is extremely untidy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES, I think you had a hurricane hit.lol. At least you won't have to look to far for a "project"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sewing is a messy hobby. I can't believe the dust that comes from cutting fabric! That candy corn is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand....I cannot sew neatly. (And even after I finish something, I rarely totally clean up before moving on to something else.)Actually, I'm glad you showed those photos so I know I'm not the only messy crafter/quilter around!!! I think I should make note of this particular posting and when DH starts to hint that I have a mess, I'll show him I NEED to have a mess in order to be creative....that's just how it works for many of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a productive and creative space!! How lovely that Sugar Baby is going to join you in your creative space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEP.....i gotta say....you've gotta chance of winning.....((you know we luv ya!))

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok...that's pretty messy. i seem to spend all that time cleaning and organizing and "poof" it looks just like this again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!!An extremely creative and busy place indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. You ARE a brave woman LOL! Not too bad though -- looks like fabulous sewing going on -- I can't wait to see what's going on with those little candy corn pieces. There's no way my sty is hitting the internet -- and it's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like most craft rooms. Messy and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. NICE!! I think messy rooms are the sign of creative people!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG if you saw my room right now you would die!!!! It is so bad I had to cut the binding for my quilt on the dining room table last night as my cutting table surface was no where to be seen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete