Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The good.....


.....blue skies today (finally)!!!!




...... beautiful rising moon!!! (the right side window is my sewing room)




.... a finished quilt!!! The Neighborhood (23 1/2" x 24 1/4") will be raffled off on September 14th at our local JDRF's Walk to Cure Diabetes with the proceeds supporting diabetes research to benefit the millions of people, including Sloppy, who face the challenges of type 1 diabetes each day.

...meandering quilting!!!!

...more meandering!!!!

.... 5 miles in 5o minutes and 20 seconds!!!!! (thanks to Wendy for getting me going!).
I do run on a treadmill but like to vary my speed (5.8-6.3 mph) and incline (ever so slightly from 0-2.5%) while I have the tunes cranked up high on the IPod.


...homemade pizza that rose (this time I remembered the yeast)!!!

The Bad....



...blueberry cake a la Megan (well it is good, but the calories aren't)
....my knee pedal (which I love!) isn't working!!!! Bernie is giving me a hard time lately!!! but I still love 'em. Any ideas???
....rain every day this week!!!! (except today... so far) ...mosquito bites...(the good news is that these are not on my arm, but on Nature Boy's)

The Ugly....

.... the men arrived home smelly and very dirty!!!!
(check out the color of the wash water!!! eeewwww!)

Have a good start to your week!

10 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful! I hope it raises a lot of money for the very worthy cause!!
    Your meandering is wonderful! I just really really wish I will be able to do that one day....*sigh*
    And putting the running-shoes to good use! Good for you!
    5 miles?!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is some nasty wash water!! but your quilt is beautiful! i love the houses and the quilting. perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely quilt and for a good cause too - I can sympathise with the mossie bites as I've got a few myself!
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt - hope it raises loads of money! I could have used some of that green fabric in a project I was working on yesterday! Glad DH and son had a great time away - that is seriously dirty water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. isn't the moon amazing...i was just sitting watching it among the buildings of downtown. the quilt is just great. hope it raises lots of cash for a wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue sky is to die for! Send some sun our way please! I love the quilt it looks great! I am sure you will raise a stack of cash yet again! Well done! I am so very pleased that that is your washing machine and not mine!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey ~ I love your blog ! Thanks for stopping at mine and leaving a comment. You should plan on a trip out for the Bouckville antique show next year. It's well worth it.
    Your house quilt is fabulous but the wash water is frightening :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, hmm, that is nasty looking water. im glad that isnt my hard either. woohoo for your run!! and oh my goodness, i really love how your quilt turned out!! seriously how can i buy raffle tickets???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa! Blue skies for you today and rain here! LOVE that mini quilt of the houses! Too clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is beautiful, I hope it is as successful as in previous years.

    Laundry water is GROSS! I hate to think what the shower water looked like. UGH!

    ReplyDelete