Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sigh

Okay, so you are probably wondering about this blob here....
Well, when I looked at this blob an hour or so after I put it together, I was wondering about it too!!!

Sigh...
In the last month or so, (while trying to be a good mother and wife who makes wholesome homemade meals at the same time as I am doing a million other things), I have forgotten to put the yeast in the pizza dough!

My family said "that's okay..giggle, giggle.... again?" and so I made a yeast free pizza dough anyway.
But... it turned out pretty well...and Nature Boy (aka Messy Marvin) ate two pieces!
He loves my homemade pizza! (this from a young man with an extremely limited culinary repertoire).

Oh! Did I tell you that today is my 99th post?!!!!!!
You know what that means.....

Sigh.... I told you that my youngest and I looooove cherries!


But.....
tonight, there are these luscious strawberries!


And... yeah, I know... doesn't look that great....
But....my girls and I love my aunt's stewed rhubarb recipe!!! MMMM!!!!!

Sigh...

As you can see, there still are pins in my project...

But...by the time I reveal my giveaway.... it will be pin-free!!!!!

BTW.... did you know that I couldn't use these <> in my version of sigh!? Blogger!!! Hurumph!

9 comments:

  1. Stewed rhubarb! sounds yummy. I am growing my own patch of rhubarb. I have made pie. How do you stew it? and is it good on vanilla ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother used to make stewed rhubarb - yummy! I haven't made any apple and phubarb pies for a while - you have inspired me. I am loving all you little peaks of your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny that the pizza dough still turned out good. Who knew!!!
    Everything looked good and what is that your working on for the give away?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to the big 100 ... Josh is looking forward to being 100 he figures that he will be as big as a giant by then he has a ways to go seeing he is only 3 ... I also haven't got the heart to tell his that we stop growing long before that!
    Yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhubarb - YUM! We always had rhubarb crumble growing up. When I was newly married I decided to cook some - in the pressure cooker. Don't ask, I have no idea why. Anyway, it ended up all over the ceiling, a sweet sticky red mess.

    I will be tuned in tomorrow, that's for sure. You big tease!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stewed rhubarb! I'm enjoying the peeks and can't wait to see the reveal. Are you sure you're going to be able to part with it? Seeing your pizza creation made me want to cook some myself for dinner (I'm a bad mom and went for the frozen kind though).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa--All your energy makes me feel tired sometimes! Your 100th post prize is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pizza is yummy either way - my husband loves cherries and can tie a knot in a cherry stalk with it in his mouth!!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete