Monday, June 2, 2008

S[e]rging ahead!!!!

Okay, Jenny seems perfectly normal to the eye, right? Good looking, modern, shiny, new!

But all is not well on the western front!!!! I am having serging anxiety!!!!!

HA!!!!!
That is what Nancy says, I say otherwise!!!!!

Doesn't this look intimidating!!!!
Threading is sooooo tricky!!! and I knew something was wrong because threads were breaking, needles were coming unthreaded, fabric was pulling, too much loopiness .... ACK!!!!!

And I was just practicing!!!!!

Reading through the manual wasn't helping much either!
Black and white illustrations!!! Come on, this is the 21st century!!!!

As I adjusted it...
the tension just kept building!!!!!!!!!!!! Double ACK!!!!! What a headache!!!!

And I was still just practicing!!!!
Eventually, I couldn't even see straight!!!
Neither could my camera!!!! OY!!!!

So.... I called my trusty Janome saleslady, Nancy, this morning, drove Jenny half hour in the car to the shop....
oooohhhh... That is the lever, huh? We rethreaded a couple of threads, changed a needle (I took notes in my black/white manual) and it was sewing like a charm!!!
But, I am still a little intimidated. It will be a while before I am serging with confidence!

Over the weekend, Messy Marvin made a birdhouse...
He is starting early as a landlord....
but I hear rent is cheap.

Just like I told you... I love these fruits.
The photo was taken yesterday. Now the bowls are empty!!!!

And, remember that tree with the white blossoms that I posted earlier???
Yup, this is it... pink blossoms now. They will start to fade soon and turn brown. Still, does anyone know yet what this tree is?

and lastly (see...I told you that talking was an admirable trait),
I saw this car on the side of the road but couldn't actually stop mid road to take a still photo. Just thought it was a cool color for a car!

Don't forget to check out my giveaway!!! I will announce the winner tomorrow evening EST!!!!


7 comments:

  1. Well done on starting to use the serger. Before too long it will be your best friend, and you will be looking for ways of sewing with it even more...
    Janet McKinney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to Messy Marvin on his birdhouse - good to see he is enterprising at a young age! Make friends with Jenny - once you have mastered the threading you will wonder how you ever managed without her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh Lisa ... I hope that machine is behaving it self now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the serger - I feel intimidated by them too, and mine has been in the cupboard so long I'm thinking of putting it on EBay and selling it. I could never thread it properly. I used it when the kids were little, but haven't used it in years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now I want a serger! keep in mind I had one for the last 8 or 9 months that I borrowed from a nice lady and only used it all of 1 month. I'd really like to have my own serger! they are fun once you get the hang of it! think of all the pretty clothes you can sew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curiosity is killing me about this tree, so I googled some of your known info. Try googling flowering almond tree and see if that looks like what you've got. Love the birdhouse. And I had those same berries in my fruit bowls also. Made some blueberry muffins and blueberry/banana muffins with mine. Yummm -- Getting hungry yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that serging is going better for you. I'd love one of my own, but haven't made that leap yet.

    ReplyDelete