Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I am still blogging!

Thanks to those of you who commented on my return to blogging.

Taking it slow!

In order to bring more creativity into my life,
I have been reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
(also taking it slow with my reading).

Early on, the author suggests making a vision board 
and so I cut up some magazines that I borrowed (albeit permanently)
from Mr. U's office
and came up with this...

My 2013 vision board

Already, some of my desires are beginning to appear....

My 2013 vision board

Today, I enrolled in a 6 week beginner's yoga class!!!

And on my previous post, I mentioned the statement that it
takes 21 days to create a new habit.  
Well, I am slightly more than one-third of the way there--
I have been to the gym 8 days and am building back up my endurance.

My goal is to run the 5 mile Shamrock Shuffle again this year!


Shamrock Shuffle!


And I have slowly been getting myself back to creating.

For the upcoming 'blue' challenge at Tangled Textiles,
I did some hand dyeing..


Ice blue!

but I was really disappointed in the results...

  dyed fabric

this does not say 'ice blue' to me!

This is...
                                
ice on the gym window
ice!

denim
                                      blue!                                       


So I am working on Plan B!

And finally...
two blog posts 
so far this week!!!


Not bad!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back and enjoying things. I will be back next week, hopefully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back...slowly does it....your vision board is interesting! Enjoy the yoga classes....and getting your creative mojo back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm! You have made a good start to 2013. My muse must be on a delayed schedule...but like McArthur...it shall return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to read your plans are working. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete