Sunday, January 6, 2013

Getting back in the saddle...


I originally created this blog to record my creative journey and the life that revolves around that voyage.

But somehow, somewhere, sometime this past year, I fell off the wagon and among a myriad of casualties was my blog - sorely neglected (okay, completely forgotten). Not only that but I hit the proverbial wall and had a lot of difficulty creating anything!!!!

So... I am going to give it another go!

Other than blogging more often (hey one post is more than none!),
I have several goals....

In the 'art' department....

  • find an idea (soon!) and make a small quilt for Tangled Textiles, challenge: "blue"

  • My creations from the first round of Tangled Textiles challenges
    (this is a mosaic of my art from the first 8 challenges- 
    and no, I didn't count incorrectly! I made two pieces for the 'green' challenge)

  • finish enlarging my crumb blocks (from 6 1/2" to 9")- I've already enlarged 111 blocks, piecing them together and trying quilt-as-you-go technique
expanding my crumb along blocks

  • add a border to my black/white and polka dot Dresden plate quilt and finish it!

  • Dresden plate top pieced!

  • begin to generate some ideas and take photos for our fiber art group challenge: Georgia O'Keefe inspired art quilt in conjunction with an exhibition at our local art museum this summer...Ms. O'Keefe lived in this area for some time with her husband Alfred Stieglitz
  • art journal as often as I can!!!

IMG_5663


Not too much, huh???

Now art isn't the only area I am working on.
During the summer, I got a little lazy and stopped exercising regularly.
And getting back in shape has been a challenge.
But Wednesday morning, I woke up at 3 AM (that's a whole other story... )
and I knew I had to get to the gym!!!

I read the other day that it takes 21 days to develop a new habit!

I am on day #4...

Back to the gym

I have plenty of other aspirations for this year but I will start with these!

Have a great week!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love that Dresden quilt Lisa!! Good to see you are back and good luck with all the goals set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. Always love reading your musings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone! I have been making things, but to me they are not creative - just repeats of previous quilts. I need to make something more original, but I am in the throws of home renovation again after not doing much for the last few years so the sewing will have to take a back seat for awhile. The good thing is that I do use a lot of different muscle groups when renovating so maybe I will get the body in shape as well as the house - well, at least that's the plan! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all fall off the wagon - we are human after all. And if we weren't human, we wouldn't create such beautiful art

    ReplyDelete