Sunday, August 19, 2012

All is well that ends well....

I seem to have had several recent brushes with conflict lately!
Most of the time, all ends well!

So...
I was invited to join a local/regional fiber art group this spring and I felt so honored to be in the presence of so many wonderfully talented women and so nervous about creating in their midst.

I have learned much from them in a short time and they feed my creative soul!

But this spring, a challenge was announced... the first since I joined.  
The theme:  BOX.

I began to think this one over.
And then... nothing.... 
I struggled with this and with my mojo all spring and through the heat of the summer.

I felt empty....

I felt worthless....


struggling with my demons...

and so I created ....

Struggling...


but then, I ripped out....

ripping out and struggling

and nothing.

So, I brought this piece to a get-together our group had recently,
and while showing some of my work to the group including my summer art journal, 

Journaling while movie watching Summer journaling

a guest to the group said something that stuck with me... 
 she said that my work in my art journal is so whimsical and fun, 
that I should create fiber art like that.

I slept on it for awhile and began to work again with the old piece...

still nothing....

trying to embellish

And so, I left it and began thinking
 and thinking...
and creating...

Think....


and When I Think Outside the Box....

Done!!!! (I think)

  

things don't turn out so bad!