Saturday, March 31, 2012

Something new...

I have a new friend.
A quilter that I met through the small world of quilting in our community.

The other day she mentioned that she was planning to go to an estate sale.
 She heard about it at a local quilt store. Why?
Because there would be quilting fabric for sale.

So, being a good new friend, I said I would meet her there!

The screened in porch and back deck were filled with fabric, quilt supplies, unopened kits, books, quilt frames, sewing machines, notions and more. The family said it took them two weeks to sort through it all!

So I thought I would help out this family!

some charitable shopping...


I think I bought more fabric today then I did on my recent visit to Lancaster!!!

some charitable shopping...



Greens (yes, I love green, esp lime green) and some long gone Jan Mullen fabrics (now I know where they disappeared too!)



some charitable shopping...

Black/white fabrics (also a huuuuge fave of mine!) and some metallic/Asian fabrics (for a planned project).

This new friend and I (and another friend) also have some big news!

We have started a branch of the Modern Quilt Guild!!!

Very exciting!!!

(serving the capital region and southern Adirondacks)
announces our first meeting
April 19th at 6:30 PM!!!



Gotta run...
Goblin Gallop, 10/29/11

11 comments:

  1. It was so nice of you and your new friend to help out this family! Quilters are the most generous people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky moment for you meeting your new friend! And congratulations on forming a branch of Modern Quilt Guild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FIND that estate sale was....and how "kind" of you to help those folks out....I'm sure it was a big sacrifice for you to force yourself to buy all that fabric. LOL Good luck with your new guild!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to make it to that one both Fri & Sat but we got sidetracked! Glad to see you got some goodies there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love finds like that- lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice score on the fabric! Congratulations on the Modern Quilt Guild! I will be interested in hearing all about it! I kind of wish there was one here in the Akron, Ohio area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess what?! Akron has a MQG! I had no idea - they must have just started! I have it on my calendar to attend the next meeting April 25.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you on all three things, friends, fabrics and forming a guild.
    I see some lovely japanese fabrics in that Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great week - new friend, new fabric and new guild ... have fun with all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not know you were blogging over here too .. thought this one was gone. I better re-subscribe. LOL
    Mich
    P.S. No photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go, girl! Your altruism overwhelms me. I tried to do the same thing, but a local church group that makes charity quilts got there first and cleaned 'em out of fabric. I guess better them than me.

    I think it's time to take the label off those new Birkenstocks and get out of my house:-).

    And great about starting a MQG!!

    P.S. - Blogger has such a great spam filter now that you don't need that horrible robot thing. I ditched mine a long time ago and don't ever get spam anymore. Try it!

    ReplyDelete