Sunday, September 11, 2011

Redefining...

nour·ish  (nûrsh, nr-)
tr.v. nour·ished, nour·ish·ing, nour·ish·es
1. To provide with food or other substances necessary for life and growth; feed.
2. To foster the development of; promote: "Athens was an imperial city, nourished by the tribute of subjects" (V. Gordon Childe).
3. To keep alive; maintain: nourish a hope.
4. To indulge in a full day of mixed media with new friends

Through the wonderful world of blogging, 
I met Marilyn online
and discovered that she lived nearby
(okay, about an hour from here but that is nearby around here!).

I then discovered that she holds workshops at a scrapbooking store
and you will never guess where I was today?!!!!


Yes!!!!
Marilyn and friend, Kerri, held a workshop,
"Altered Egos"
and 
so I spent today nourishing my soul
with 
handmade journals...

Altered Egos Workshop!
(oh so much fun to make!)

stamps, paper, gesso...

Altered Egos Workshop!
(messy!)


paint, rub-ons, and so much more!

Altered Egos Workshop!

What could be better????!!!!


my first journal spread

How about homework?!!!


my second journal spread

and another play date next Sunday!!!!


a black, white and red spread


Life is Good!!!

Me on the floor

P.S. Did you see my sun prints? Well, I am giving away one of my prints to one lucky reader,
so leave a comment here!

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, Lisa, I don't know where you get all your energy! The journal pages look great, I can tell it was a fun way to spend the day. And I love your new blog header. What's not to love about lime green??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa!! Thanks for the awesome summary of our class. Love your groovy chick with the stripy hair!!! Your blog is great. I scanned through the house quilt tutorial and it is sooooo cool. Thanks for joining us. See you Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it all girl! keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete