Friday, September 9, 2011

What do you have for us, Johnny?!!!!

When the going 

creative blow-up!

gets

creative blow-up!

tough...

creative blow-up!

the tough get going....

OUTSIDE!!!!

after the rain

I was about to call up Noah and hitch a ride with him,
taking my two sewing machines, two rotary cutters, two rulers,
two projects..hahaha...

Upstate NY was very soggy this week
but alas, the sun came out
and
just in the nick of time, too! 

My studio was out of control, huh?

creative blow-up!

And where there is sun,
there is bound to be suntanning!!!!

Yes, I painted some fabrics and laid them out

my fabric is suntanning while I wait!

plopped some goodies on top
and left them to bake!


my fabric is sunning while I wait!

Now...

sun dyed fabric with leaves

I have

sun dyed fabric

some fun fabrics

sun dyed fabric

to play with

sun dyed fabric

on those rainy days!!!

sun dyed fabric with bobbins

(That is, if I ever find a place to sit in my studio!)

And Bob....
this piece of sun dyed fabric can be YOURS....

sun dyed fabric with leaves

If the Price is Right!!!!

if you leave me a comment 
before Monday, September 12th at 6 PM EST!!!!


In the meantime,

Me on the floor
I'll start digging out!

13 comments:

  1. Sunprinting is so much fun! I love it, you did a great job. Can one of those lovlies live at my house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's 30 degrees outside and I'm getting visitors soon and my sewing space looks really, really bad and I should clean up, but I really want to sunprint like you. what do you use for the chemical reaction? and please pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, we're swamped here, too. What's up with all this upstate flooding? Yikes!

    I love it that you had fun when the sun came out. Me? I stayed inside working on the new book. Not nearly as much fun and printing in the sun! You make such gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabrics are fabulous! And the room...it's not going anywhere. Play outside while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you got more sun than we did! It is very soggy down here in Maryland, too. 97 percent humidity, too. Gloomy! Your fabric is gorgeous, though, and I would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts are such fun! I see some tools in those prints .... will we see them again in a quilt? Nice prints!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once, I laid on the bench and hung my head upside down off the end. As I looked around the big messy house upsidedown, I was pleasantly surprised how CLEAN everything looks that way (the big white ceiling became the floor!!) Haha!You should try that:)
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember making sunprints on special paper with my kids when they were little. I love your fabric sunprints and would love to win one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what lovely fabrics! Thank you for thinking of those of us who don't know how to make it! I would love to win a piece. I was sad when you stopped blogging, and happy to discover that you had started up again. You are inspiring me to journal. Thanks!
    Charline
    quiltski@nbnet.nb.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving your sun prints. How nice that you have sun atm, all we have is rain :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted to try doing this...they are just beautiful....love the scissors would never have thought to do that! Would love to make a little quilt using your sun print fabric, would that be great a sun print whole cloth quilt quilted with pearle cottton....
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness you are busy! The sun fabrics are beautiful and it looks like you had a lot of fun at the journal fest! I am having a giveaway over at my blog for having the re-do bedroom as done as much as I can right now. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete