Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The fire in the belly....


I know not all my readers are fond of rock music,
but
I am a product of the age of rock and roll...
born in the early 1960s,
teenager in the 70s,
college kid in the early 80s.

Mr. U is a heavy (heavy!) metal guy, Nature Boy loves old rock too,
 and Teenager with lots of stuff likes that nasty rap/hip hop stuff
so I have heard a lot of music in my time on earth.

As I thought about all the forms of art that I still want to try,

somehow, this song started playing in my head...



Yes, friends....

I want it all!!!!

In the past couple of years,
I have really spread out my wings 
from my early days of sewing clothes and quilting.

I have dabbled in a few new art forms including...

hand dyeing

hand dyed half-yards

fabric painting

playing with Lutradur and paint

hmmmm....

image transfer

innocence

rubber stamp making

newly carved stamps

art journaling

the last page of my first art journal


But I have a list in my head...
a list of sooooo many forms of expression, of art, 
that I still want to learn....

Yes, friends....

the more I see... the more I want to do!!!!

I want it all!!!!!

My preliminary list:

*screen printing
*calligraphy, funky hand lettering
*gelatin printing
*fabric art journaling
*fabric designing
*watercolor painting
(and maybe someone to clean my house?)

Me on the floor
Is that too much to ask?!!!!

7 comments:

  1. perfect song. i have that feeling too. Its exciting but frustrating at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all! And so glad to see we are of the same vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff you're doing!

    Oh, how I miss Freddie Mercury. And what about Rush? Foreigner? Kansas? The Doobie Brothers? Journey? Boston? The Cars? The Tubes? Steve Miller Band?

    Excuse me while I pack for a nostalgia trip...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find your blog really inspiring. I know exactly what you mean with your latest entry. I also want to try it all. In touring art colleges with my daughter this Spring I saw young people printing designs they generated on a computer with a tablet onto plain fabric with a special fabric printer. It's amazing how technology can advance art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I a rocker and I also want it all! Now I don't have to make a list of all the artsy fartsy items I want to try - you made the list for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally understood! If it's out there I want to try it. I rusted fabric this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post! You may want it all and you certainly seem to be doing it all - so much energy and lots of great creations! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete