Friday, August 5, 2011

It's just a phrase...


get old 

verb

  • to be annoying due to repetition....I'm sick of him making plans with me and then not following through. It's getting old.
    from this dictionary


But sometimes
my patience wears thin!

Like this new sleep schedule...

The day started very early
(the beginning of this 'change of life' thing is already very old!!!)
but
honestly, I am exhausted!

Everywhere I go now, 
be it at home or around town,
when something flits by
I instinctively duck!

Yes, this was flying around in our house early this morning
Having a bat in the house at night is unnerving,
though lucky for Nature Boy, 
I was able to dismiss our last visitor all by myself!!!!

And then,
once again, I spotted another ground hog
(that makes 3!)
in our backyard...

photo.JPG
so close to our relocation crate too!
They seem to be growing in number like rabbits around here!


And I think Phyllis, Nature Boy's beloved guinea pig,
is probably thinking the same thing too!!

Phyllis is playing a waiting game
"I'm tired of being pregnant...
look at my large belly, my double chin... 
am I going to have stretch marks after this one... or is more than one?"

Maybe..
Me on the floor


I really am just getting old!
sigh....

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Lisa. I caught a woodchuck in our yard last week, if that's any consolation. He's part of the Woodchuck Relocation Program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting old is not fun but as they say keep on getting on. I think of something I want upstairs and when I get there I forget what I wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're not old......you're full of character and wisdom!! besides, i don't know of too many people who would be thrilled over having a bat (an ACTIVE bat) in the house, especially after the sun goes down! yikes!! hang in there (sorry about the pun.....). xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes the sleep schedule - time to throw it out, your body will give you a new one, lol. I HATE that. Get rid of the groundhogs if you can, they can be very destructive. Not to mention they can carry rabies - a lady in my city got bit by one. I would FREAK if a bat got in my house, I would leave home and find a hotel until someone came to get it out. And that someone would have to pay the hotel bill too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! look at that bat! I wouldn't know what to do with one of those in our house!!

    You asked about magazines..Not sure if you wanted to know about the kids or me. So here are both:
    At different times, we were receiving: Know (Canadian), Kayak (Canadian), and Cricket. My mil gave me a subscription to American Patchwork & Quilting. I usually get Quilts and More for myself when I like what is inside. I also get Food Everyday at home. Yes,we like magazines ;)

    ReplyDelete