Monday, June 6, 2011

I set-up, I shopped, I succeeded, I succumbed...

 You all probably thought I had fallen off the face of the earth

full-20earth2

well....almost!

It was quilt show weekend

and I got sucked in!!!




The week (and weekend) was a cyclone of activity!!!!!


After I finished all the projects that I had registered for the show,
they had to all be labeled appropriately, 
packaged up in separate pillowcases
and dropped off at the appointed time on Wednesday evening.

Thursday, I helped transcribe for the judge 
(a most enlightening activity... I recommend that if you have the chance to try it, do!)
and assisted other members with moving the quilts around during judging

Friday, I spent a good part of the day helping with set-up at our venue..
Quilt show set-up day

and my sister and nephew arrived that night from my homeland
so they could come to the show (thanks Barb and Kev for coming! ).

But the weekend....

it was a blast!!!!

I shopped at the silent auction!!!

I bought this out-of-print book for a song!

I bought this book at silent auction

won these goodies at a bargain price!!

Won in silent auction for $9!

and won these too (couldn't pass up this collection of samples and fabric)!!

Won in silent auction for $12!

Of course, I also did a bit of vendor shopping...

some more Aurifil threads (which I love!)...

I bought some Aurifil thread on sale at the quilt show

and a bunch of goodies from my new favorite shop, Waterwheel House Quilt Shop ...

Goodies I bought at the quilt show

... a shout-out to my new BFF, Shelley, the owner... 
Hi Shelley!!!

And my quilts were scattered among the gorgeous display 200+ works of art...


My A Prickly Project...

IMG_9384


My GEE'S whiz! i BEND wanting a quilt like this. Thanks Row 10. quilt...

Lisa Filion (me): GEE'S whiz! i BEND wanting a quilt like this! Thanks Row 10.

(which was selected by my new fave shop for their Vendor's Choice ribbon!)

My Along Our River quilt...

Along the River Challenge
(as part of the "Along the River" Challenge... more photos to come soon!)

My Running in Circles quilt...

Lisa Filion (me): Running in Circles


My Black and White quilt...

IMG_9462

(which won third prize in the Polly Briwa Challenge 
{a log cabin challenge set up in memory of a late guild member}, wallhanging category!!!!)

and
my Planting Hope quilt...

IMG_9261

(which won second place in machine pieced, small quilt,
quilted on home machine category!!!!)

And the aftermath of the cyclone, you ask??!

You guessed it!!!!

It settled down right here...

the aftermath

and here...

the aftermath

and it landed me right here!

Me on the floor

(back soon with loads more photos of the quilt show!)

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!
    I attended a quilt show here not long ago, it was nothing like yours, but I still was inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your river quilt in context.

    Will it travel to any quilt shows? (I saw something similar last year or the year before at Mid-Atlantic - I think.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you just made cyclones positive - what a great weekend! And your quilts are all gorgeous - very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an exhausting weekend but what fun! And your quilts look great displayed like that - congratulations on your recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see all your inspirational quilts! Your weekend sounds a bis exhausting, but fun for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts and Jude's were my FAVs in the show!! Keep it up, you're such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the ribbons! Your pieces look wonderful! Best of luck digging out from the cyclone that hit your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's some cyclone - congrats on the awesome distinctions your quilts won, I think they should all have ribbons! Love the goodies you got too - so jealous over the Gwen Marston!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm tired just reading about it all! Loved seeing all your quilts hung for display- the river quilt looks especially impressive. And you are right, transcribing for the judges can be educational.

    And congrats on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on your well deserved ribbons. I know you will not be resting up after all your work - I don't think you know how to not be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, I am Alex from Aurifil , thank you very much for the nice words about my threads

    ReplyDelete