Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Time Flies By....


What very mysterious things days were. Sometimes they fly by, and other times they seem to last forever, yet they are all exactly twenty-four hours. There's quite a lot we don't know about them.
Melanie Benjamin, Alice I Have Been, 2010

Why is it that a day is only comprised of 24 hours?!!!

Some days, I need more!


Today, I could have used just a little more time!!!
Besides sleeping,

there was exercising....

getting ready to Pump!

working with Nature Boy and Sugarbaby on their homeschool activities...

math in the morning

wading through landlording paperwork....

Apartment building

running errands and chauffeuring the kids...

This is where I find I am spending a lot of my time!
file photo
(I always see that on important websites or in articles but haven't ever had to use it... 
translation... old photo!)

washing dishes....
dishes galore!

and cooking dinner...
vegan oatmeal raisin cookies

(okay, we didn't eat cookies for dinner, but I don't have time to photograph each moment of my day!
so it's another file photo!!!)


 And yet...

the vacuum wasn't turned on...
got me a new vacuum!

only gesso was applied in my art journal....

gessoed a spread in my art journal

this quilt still isn't bound....

a project that needs to be bound

not a stitch was added here....

more hand quilting on my row 10 quilt

and the quilt challenge still lies on my sewing room floor...

a new challenge

If only I could have 25 hours some days!!!!

Speaking of time flying by...

Blevis Family

my parents (pictured here with me)....

Lisa & Proud Parents

are celebrating their 52nd wedding anniversary today!!!!

my parents on a cruise, Feb 2011

I love you guys!!!!

At home with my sewing utensils!
Now, I am off to search for at least one minute more today!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey is that our Tangles challenge? Send congratulations to your parents! Not many couples make it to their 10th these days let alone their 52nd! Kudos to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day! It makes me wonder how I ever got through the days of children, schooling, work and all the other activities of a growing family. It is nice to look back on those days, but I wouldn't want to repeat them. Best wishes to your folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I have said before I am amazed at your energy. I think I see some blue fabric there in your challenge.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. My challenge quilt is in the same state, although some threads have been added to the pile. ..wanted to finish my challenge blocks for you first! Just a few more minutes a day would help! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete