Friday, July 16, 2010

Playing Mans

When my brother-in-law was a young tike, he apparently liked to emulate my late father-in-law who was handy around the house and called it, "playing mans."


Since then, the U family has referred to repair jobs and construction projects alike as,
playing mans!!!!


Yesterday morning, while Mr. U and I were out in our manly truck....
truckster1
Teenager called from home to say that a leak in the kids' bathroom sink
had made its way down below to the workshop.
UGH!!!


It did not take long before Mr. U and Nature Boy found the tools and began.....

playing mans!!!!

kids' bathroom rehab underway

This is a project that has been waiting to happen and now here it is!

The only problem with these kind of manly projects is that they take time
and I have to tolerate the mess!

bathroom contents have spilled into the hall


I retreated to my hot and muggy sewing room for a while 
and with the fan blowing on my face...
Phew! it is sooo ho!t in the sewing room

I began.....

playing mans!!!

I think this is the beginning of my DQS9

I signed up for DQS9 (Doll Quilt Swap 9)...

a little bit more

but until yesterday, hadn't given it much thought....

a little bit more

but inspired by one of my favorites quilt designers, Jan Mullen (whom I met about a1 1/2 years ago)...

Jan Mullen



doll quilt under construction

construction is underway....

DQS9 in progress...

The only problem with these kind of manly projects is that they take time
and I have to tolerate the mess!

In the middle of a project



At home with my sewing utensils!Phew! Playing Mans is backbreaking! I better lie down!

4 comments:

  1. Your doll quilt reminds me of a doll house and garden, very cute! I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan Mullen is my quilting hero! Love those Daizies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doll quilt is looking adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what your quilt is looking like. Those flowers are so cool.(sadly, they look difficult for my skill level) Your color choices are very bright and cheerful. Looks like another cool project from you Lisa!

    ReplyDelete