Friday, July 16, 2010

Playing Mans

When my brother-in-law was a young tike, he apparently liked to emulate my late father-in-law who was handy around the house and called it, "playing mans."


Since then, the U family has referred to repair jobs and construction projects alike as,
playing mans!!!!


Yesterday morning, while Mr. U and I were out in our manly truck....
truckster1
Teenager called from home to say that a leak in the kids' bathroom sink
had made its way down below to the workshop.
UGH!!!


It did not take long before Mr. U and Nature Boy found the tools and began.....

playing mans!!!!

kids' bathroom rehab underway

This is a project that has been waiting to happen and now here it is!

The only problem with these kind of manly projects is that they take time
and I have to tolerate the mess!

bathroom contents have spilled into the hall


I retreated to my hot and muggy sewing room for a while 
and with the fan blowing on my face...
Phew! it is sooo ho!t in the sewing room

I began.....

playing mans!!!

I think this is the beginning of my DQS9

I signed up for DQS9 (Doll Quilt Swap 9)...

a little bit more

but until yesterday, hadn't given it much thought....

a little bit more

but inspired by one of my favorites quilt designers, Jan Mullen (whom I met about a1 1/2 years ago)...

Jan Mullen



doll quilt under construction

construction is underway....

DQS9 in progress...

The only problem with these kind of manly projects is that they take time
and I have to tolerate the mess!

In the middle of a project



At home with my sewing utensils!Phew! Playing Mans is backbreaking! I better lie down!