Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Assignment #1


No! this assignment is not for you!!!!

Checklist of stuff I have to do today

This was my to-do list for today.

I got through most of it...I scrapped the crock pot meal for today, haven't touched the quilt today, haven't rented the car (vacation coming!), cleaning will have to wait and the phone interrupted my day (I have a vacant apt to rent) more times than I want to count but the apt showing was a no-show!

Anyways, as I mentioned before...

in my spare time (did I say that I have any?!)....

I have decided to embark on an adventure, move a little bit out of my comfort zone and try working through this book....
Art Quilt Workbork by Jane Davila and Elin Waterston borrowed from the library

I plan to report on Wednesdays (or most of them!) and so have deemed this project...

Workbook Wednesday

I even have a button that you can grab on the left side bar!!!

We will start at the beginning (a very good place to start... can you tell that I love Sound of Music?) ...

The first chapter has a lot of good, basic information worth reading and several exercises at the end.

Initially, no fabric will be needed.

You will only need a sketchbook and pencils...
pencils and sketchbook

And a desire to try something new!!!!
contour drawing

You can e-mail me photos of your work and I will post them on Wednesdays!!!!

Now let's get started!!!!


SPF #11, 3/12/10: Sitting in my 'haven' Maybe I will skip sleeping!

4 comments:

  1. I worked my way through that book and found it very interesting and useful. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, sounds like a fun project. I may join you...if I can get my act together and find the book! Either way, I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all over it! I will report in early next week my progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the progress. It's sort of like Julie and Julia.

    ReplyDelete