Thursday, March 25, 2010

Enjoying the moment...

I need neither future nor past, but to learn to take today not too fast. ~Jeb Dickerson, http://www.howtomatter.com/



This photo, taken by Mr. U on one of his many hikes up his favorite local mountain...

the real "Sunrise on the Mountain"


inspired me to create this....


'Sunrise on the Mountain'

Sunrise on the Mountain.

And, I am just enjoying this moment...


close up of tree on 'Sunrise on the Mountain'

the moment that I realize that I had fun creating something unique....

'Sunrise on the Mountain'

The moment I call this art...

edge of 'Sunrise on the Mountain'

Later....

with my latest project done...

is another story!!!!! Sigh......

SPF #11, 3/12/10: Sitting in my 'haven'

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes in the creative process, crap happens.

    Love this quilt. It really is artwork. It is fantabulous. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craetion is inspiring. I love the fact that you captured your concept of that moment. It invokes deep emotion in me from many sunrises viewed in the past, but mine usually have shorelines. I live near a beach in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved both the inspiration and the quilt itself! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an inspiration to us "in the box" quilters, to show what we are keeping hidden inside, and what is easily attainable if we dare to spread our wings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful. you did an amazing job capturing the view I bet!
    Love the colors. Love the tree!

    ah the sewing room looks good to me! a creative space!!!!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. O my goodness; you did a fabulous job on this. You are not only a quilter, but an artist. It takes true artistic ability to translate a photo into a quilt--well, I think so. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beautiful piece and I love the idea that I am not the only one who seems to have stitchery overtaken my life. Your mess is much tidier then my mess unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation! Will you hang it at home or is going to Mr. U's office?

    Thanks for your well wishes & support!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like my house! Creativity is MESSY, but you gotta run with it!

    Love the new piece. Is it all fused or is the background pieced?

    ReplyDelete