Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Spin 'Round!

I am all spun around!

Bet you young 'uns didn't know that more than 20 years before Flo Rida, there was Dead or Alive! I am getting old!

And you know you are getting old when you go to the Google home page today and you find a couple of Big Bird feet to celebrate Sesame Street's 40th anniversary (yup... I remember when they started on television!)

So this morning, very early this morning (Hey! I gotta find some time to quilt!!! so quilting time happens before the gym and before starting my day with the kids), after settling down with my cup of coffee, I stared awhile up at my ongoing Quilt-A-Long project....

....and I decided that I did not like my quilting AT ALL!!!

I figured that I wouldn't be able to look at this piece hanging on our family room wall without it bugging me!

change of plans progressing...

So... now I am all spun 'round!


Okay, so I have had a change of heart!

I am running in circles now! OY!

I guess I have some ripping out in the near future!


Yup, that's me...

Yup, that's me!

8 comments:

  1. This quilting is just spectacular! I'm so impressed -- it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Version 1 just fine but I think you're right, V2 is a chart buster! Thanks for being so open with your posts; as a new quilter I'm always eager to see how others work out the process. You're so funny, remember all that hair?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the circles look great! That was my vote in your most recent poll :-) You are very inspirational with all that you do.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you freehand those circles? They look great. I was going to do circles on my 'waverunner' but I tried them on a table runner to practice and boy do I need practice.
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is lovely! I loved that song in the 80's! Thanks for posting it. Listening to it brought me back to the simple joys of my youth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great song! Love the circles, too. Although I did like the other quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, you don't like the quilting?! Is the the waves or the circles you don't like? I LOVE the circles!! So much movement with the fabric waves and the quilted circles!!! Looks awesome and if you can't stand to look at it on your wall, then maybe you could stand to look at it on mine?! lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I said, I liked the waves you tried first, but the circles look great too :-) I'm sure the quilt will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete