Thursday, November 12, 2009

Time is flying by.... (or trying to keep my head above water!)

Where does the time go????

It has been a busy week and all of a sudden, it is Thursday and I have not blogged!!!!

Recap....

many, many leaves were raked....

leaves we raked at apt bldg

Sugarbaby, Nature Boy, and I went on a field trip to a nearby creamery (really learned a lot!) ...

creamery room

and got a close look at the calves (about 3 months old) too....

dairy calves

saw a lot of wonderful old houses along the way....

old home

enjoyed some nice fall weather (okay, you may not think 46 degrees is warm but in November in upstate NY, 46 degrees feels good in the evening!) ....

warmish fall evening

but wait a minute!!!!

Didn't I say it was fall????!!!

Tuesday night (that is, November 10), I spotted someone hanging the Christmas lights at a building (what???) ...

wait a second.... what is the date?!

and a house nearby has had these decorations up and bloated for about a week (and I haven't even started making my holiday gifts... yikes!!!)!

wait a second.... what is the date?!

Seems I may have lost track of time!!!

So...... after the landlording, homeschooling, mothering, wife-ing, I found some time in the sewing room and worked on this Quacker Quilt....

Quacker quilt top

thanks to LauraJ who inspired me with her wonderful quilt and gave me some info on the Duck, Duck, Goose panel.

Quacker quilt top

(Hope to have it done in time for yet another fundraiser coming up. )

I whipped (well, okay.. dyed) up a half yard of this luscious version of midnight blue (needed some for a binding) ...

dyed half yard of blue for binding

...to use on this... my Waverunner Quilt... which is now done!!!!!

waverunner quilt done!

I am really happy that I ripped out the original quilting and went with my initial idea of concentric circles...

waverunner quilt done!

The bottom of the sleeve has to be tacked down....

Waverunner quilt done!

but there are only so many hours of good lighting (it is fall, you know!) ...

Waverunner quilt done!

Trying to get on to my next quilt-a-long project soon!

And what a mother won't do for her child....

sporting a little tiara Sugarbaby made

Yes, I truly am...
Yup, that's me!

(Back soon! Before winter!)

12 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter to me that you don't post very often...I just so enjoy your posts no matter WHEN they are done. You have a real knack for writing a fun post!!! Glad you are having a great fall so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. This week was really busy for me too and I kept thinking there was lots of time and tomorrow's Friday already!! I really don't know where my time is slipping away to this fall.

    Love the wave runner and that Duck quilt is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The concentric circles turned out great on the waverunner! You've got a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted circles to begin with...yay!!!

    Busy, busy...yes, we all seem to be busy so don't fret! Life is to be enjoyed. It's just nice to see a new blog when I check in...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted circles to begin with...yay!!!

    Busy, busy...yes, we all seem to be busy so don't fret! Life is to be enjoyed. It's just nice to see a new blog when I check in...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The circles look awesome! I love it.

    Sounds like life has been really hectic, but I am with you on those folks already decorating for Christmas. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your waverunner quilt. I think one day that I will try something like that. I just have too many projects floating around in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't miss raking leaves and it makes me crazy when people (and stores) decorate for Christmas too early. Kinda takes some of the sparkle out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore that Duck, Duck, Goose fabric. But, alas, I adored it too late. I never did find any. I LOVE your quilt with it - darling.

    Your Waverunner quilt looks great, too. I am in the process of ripping out quilting from a quilt and I can't even tell you how many hours I've put into it, and I'm still only about a third finished. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to read back a bit further, but how did you do those circles? It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. September 21 ...that was the first sign of a Christmas decoration I saw - in a shop.
    I nearly died !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the concentric circles -- definitely adds an unexpected texture to the quilt. Great work!

    I want to live in that yellow house.

    ReplyDelete