Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dealing with the unexpected...

Everyday is a new adventure, and yesterday, was no exception!

The kids were all ready for Halloween....

this is about as festive as I get!

And even though the clouds just hovered about most of that warm fall day...

Clouds hovering over Prospect Mtn

we were not expecting the wind to pick up and the rain to fall (heavily at times) in the late afternoon! Yuck! Who wants to trick-or-treat in that kind of weather???!!!

Luckily, it was only drizzling on occasion by nighttime.

Well, the 'U' kids got all set in their costumes, and Nature Boy and his friend took off into the night leaving an unhappy Sugarbaby at home.

And so....I left the dinner dishes to take her out trick-or-treating.

Off we went... barely down the driveway.... into the night.... when we encountered a huge gust of wind which blew off Sugarbaby's hippy afro wig into a large puddle! UGH!!!

So.. back up the driveway and into the house for a costume change (goodness knows how many costume possibilities we have!) and headed out again....which by then was close to 7 PM!!! Being a Saturday night, many neighbors were not at home and after 45 minutes we headed home.

Not the large stash of candy she expected...

Loot

but she seemed happy enough!

Thanks to everyone who submitted their input to my survey and posted comments on how to quilt my waverunner quilt top...

top in one piece

After ripping out some trial runs (4 times!!!), I unexpectedly decided to adapt a suggestion by Mathea....

change of plans progressing...

and this is how it looks so far...

change of plans progressing...

Every so often, I am tempted to rip it out a 5th time but I am plugging along!

I am also planning to join Kellie's Quilt-a-long too and so have got to draft my pattern soon!

Have a good week! Not sure what to expect....

Yup, that's me!

6 comments:

  1. I like the way you decided to do the quilting. Sorry the trick-or-treating wasn't so great this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting looks great! We didn't get that many trick or treaters here, either. But the weather was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... poor Sugarbaby. But tell her she's sweet enough already!

    I love the new quiting design. It kind of makes me think of leaves. How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha!! the quilting looks perfect. And, interesting how it looks so similar to the suggestion that i just posted for quilting it. (sorry it was too late!) I think it just means great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't rip! keep going it looks fabulous! sheesh, i better get crackin on mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt. It makes a statement. One Halloween when my kids were little it was zero degrees! Unusual for Utah that early in the season. We had neighbors build barrels with fire in them so people could stand in between trick-or-treating and get warmer. It made a memory. I suspect the wind made a memory at your house.

    ReplyDelete