Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dearest Jane....

September 17, 2009
Upstate NY


Dear, dear Jane,

It has been some time since I wrote to you. The first time I wrote, I was just embarking on a long, long journey! I had stars (or should I say... DOTS!)

My dots!!!!

in my eyes and I had made 4 blocks!!! What foolishness!

Now it is 7 months later and I have only 22 blocks completed!

my Dear Jane block chart 9/17/09

At this rate, according to my calculations, all the blocks will be done by July, 2015. Of course, that does not include the time it will take to piece the 225 blocks together and to quilt it!!!

an array of my Dear Jane blocks

So, in the interest of time (and aging!)....

F13 Tour de France

Sarah Fanny (and maybe Holly too) and I have designated this weekend a Dear Jane Marathon!!!

E2 Merry May

Our plan is to piece as many blocks as we can and keep in touch by email, flickr and twitter (ahh... modern technology!).

Of course, we began plans for this marathon several weeks back and now several additions (run at the gym) to my schedule (swim lessons for Sugarbaby) have cropped up (dinner with friendship group) so I am hoping to still make many, many blocks!!!

I remain....

Yup, that's me!

at least, until the weekend begins!!!!

13 comments:

  1. I am routing you on
    thats how I make my blocks too
    a whole bunch then it gets put away for a few months
    then a whole bunch and it gets put away
    the dear jane cycle as I call it
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently began the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler book and I believe I will go in cycles with THAT, too...make several and then a break. Can't wait to see your block count after the marathon weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have dabbled in thoughts about making a Dear Jane quilt and haven't made the jump into it. BUT if I did, it would totally be polka dots ;) Love it! Have fun with the marathon sewing session! I expect to see the entire quilt done by Monday....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dear Jane quilts and you're style will definitely make it even more lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, if I weren't going away this weekend, I would definitely join you guys. I am sooooooooo far behind!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are great fabrics. It will be one great Dear Jane. have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha yeah. Since saying "yeah let's do this!!" our rental application got approved so we're moving in this weekend! But I am determined to try my best to get as many rainbow Jane and green&white Jane blocks done. Or die trying!

    Holly xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay team! Rah Rah! Gimme a D-E-A-R J-A-N-E!!
    We can do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck with the blocks -- love the wonky lisa sign , I could do with one of those too lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful goal....good luck!! I'm thinking it has the making of our next quilt camp weekend!!
    Will be looking for the pics, Wonky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Lisa,
    I have seen a tutorial on the method for making the words into blocks. Can you send me the link since I can not find and am going crazy looking. It was posted a while back.
    Thanks!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa your work is always top notch. You have skills girl.

    ReplyDelete