Monday, June 8, 2009

Sloooowly getting my Mojo back...

It has been a ridiculously crazy couple of weeks around here!!!!

I think I am finally cold-free. I don't have any allergies per se, but how can one not be affected by all the pollen flying around here!?? Geez!

Still, my energy is back and in the past 2 days, I have actually managed to have 2 really fast 4 mile runs!

Our guild quilt show was a real success, fun to be a part of, and a real learning experience (if you ever have a chance to sit in on the judging, I recommend it!)....

Wings Falls Quilt Guild Quilt Show Mosaic

but I am glad to be moving on to new projects as summer nears...

Wings Falls Quilt Show Mosaic, Day Two

I met a Ilena from Blogland at the show yesterday which was a real treat! Hope to bump into you again soon!

And I did a teeny bit of shopping at the show....

goodies I bought at the show

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments over the past few weeks ... it does feel good to have my work recognized!
my ribbons

Now, I will look for spots around my house to display these loved quilts...

Case Study #1Me and someone else

and... it's time to move onto the many projects swirling around in my head!

Nature Boy has been keeping an eye on the robin's nest and thinks he spots a bulge in one of the eggs!
robin eggs update

He will keep us posted!


In the meantime,

Have a great week!!!!
IMG_0312

8 comments:

  1. She shoots...she SCORES !!! Yeah for you!! What's that old Meatloaf song---'Two Out of Three Ain't Bad'? Congrats!!!!!
    Very nicely done Miss Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! Congratulations. I am sure listening to the judges as they walked around was invaluable. Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allergies have been just horrible here for people, but I am glad you are feeling better. Looks like you did well at your quilt show and had a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our robin's eggs hatched and the babies have already flown away...now we have a cardinal's nest but it's behind a lot of branches and I can't get a clear photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! It was great meeting you as well! Your quilts are truly wonderful & I was so glad to get to see them "in real life"! I had so much fun at the show, your guild is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your ribbons. Francis C. Moore in Indy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ant fabric is to die for!!!!!! Would you mind sending me the details? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if you can't find enough room in your house, I think I might be able to find a place or two in mine.

    ReplyDelete