Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pardon me while I crunch....

Amongst the many groups I belong to online is KQI (Kindred Quilters International) comprised of 4 lovely quilters around the world (Canada, Australia, Hungary, and USA). We began our first swap and I just received my package from my bloggy friend, Sarah, who happens to live in my hometown, north of the border (small world)!!!

Look what just arrived from the Great White North!

And she knows me well enough now, to know of my fondness for Crunchie bars (not available here in upstate NY!.... Only in Canada you say? pity!- you have to have grown up with Red Rose tea commercials to know that phrase- though I know the bars are British, I believe)....

Some of my beloved Crunchie bars

I just couldn't resist last night....crunch....chocolate....crunch....toffee.....

mmmm... Crunchie Bar!

But this beauty knocked my socks off!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH-MY-GOSH!!!


Isn't this wonderful!??????????????? Thank you so much Sarah!!!! It is all ready hanging in a spot of distinction on my sewing room wall!!!! Sarah and I hope to meet soon at the Vermont Quilt Festival (anyone else gonna be there Saturday?) and when my passport finally arrives (yes, it is a requirement to get back into the US from Canada now....home is only 4 1/2 hrs away.... so silly!), I will go visit with her again!

Nature Boy's update.... last night.... shells are beginning to crack!

the latest on the robins' eggs

Crunch.... crunch.....mmmmmmmmmm......

mmmm... Crunchie Bar!

I spotted this swirl this morning....

Swirls of pollen dancing around a puddle

Isn't it pretty? It just happens to be pollen in a rain puddle at the end of our driveway which I spotted upon my return from the gym. It is possible to find beauty on a gray day!

Have a good.... crunch.... day!!!
IMG_0317

Just in!!!! At almost 1:00 PM EST, Nature Boy took a peek and this wee chick is just entering the world!!! More to come......
popping out to say hi!

11 comments:

  1. Lisa
    What a beautiful quilt.
    Also just wanted to ask where you got your sew on labels?
    thanks julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is spectacular! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great gifts, especially that name quilt for your wall. why is Crunchie your favourite chocolate bar? I don't think I have a favourite Canadian candy, but I maintain everything chocolate is good. fyi: I went to university in Ottawa (Carleton for journalism) 20 years back. paths cross and connect all over the web.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh~~such a wonderful wall quilt. Your two share more than a hometown!

    Your pollen swirls remind me of batiks...so pretty.

    Going to VT on the Friday but our paths will cross again right in our own backyard!

    Enjoy those Crunchies....now I know what those noise was yesterday! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. All kinds of exciting news in your post today.......I wish our cardinal nest was positioned so I could get a clear photo of it. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crunchies are my favouritoo. I buy them when I'm starving while out shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - Sarah's mini quilt is fantastic! We love crunchies here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crunchies are my favourites!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I posted my quilt to Sarah today! Let the fun begin! I can't believe you don't get Crunchies in NY, we have then her in Australia! I mailed Sarah Freddo Frogs, shhhhhh, don't tell her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'll pretend i didn't see helen's comment (above)...la, la, la...

    i'm so glad you love it! i really tried to make it "you". I thought about it for ages before i started.

    yay ottawa, yay vermont quilt festival. can't wait. i'm trying to start a shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was surfing today and came across your blog, love it! I have to tell you my favorite are crunchies, (my cousin arrives tomorrow from England and she is bringing me those!) enjoy your crunchies!
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete