Monday, April 20, 2009

End of Spring Break!

Hope you all had a good weekend! I spent a good deal of time enjoying the sun while I raked the front lawn... got a good upper body workout! Still, hitting the gym this morning felt like a rude awakening!

I also spent a good deal of time this weekend on my mystery project. When our local quilt guild hosted 4th and 6th designs last month, I took notes and decided that their techniques would be new territory in which to start a project that was all ready forming in my brain, so this past weekend, I began to work ....

sewing strips together,
mystery project progress...
cutting them into blocks,
mystery project progress...
sewing them back together,
mystery project progress...
and this is where I landed for now....
mystery project progress...
Stay tuned!!!!

This giveaway prize from LizzieB Cre8ive arrived in the mail on Saturday....
some goodies I received in the mail
I thought I was only getting a pattern, so was pleasantly surprised to have fabric in there too!

Last night, I got together with my friendship group, Seams Like Sunday, which comprises of Blogless Deb and Blogless Laura, my Lancaster road trip companions, along with Janey and Amy.
For our birthday month, we make our choice of theme/color of fabric and April happens to be the month of my birth.....

You will never guess what I chose?!!!!!
gifties from my pals at my Sunday friendship group
thanks a bunch ladies!!!!

While we all chatted and showed and telled, I made two more scrappy log cabins....
another scrappy log cabin 4/09another scrappy log cabin 4/09
putting the total up to 81 blocks!!

Now, spring break is over and the kids and I are back to routine (no more sleeping in), books, homework, healthy lunches, etc.

Less time at the machine but will still manage a seam here and there! Have a good week!
My very own bus
Upstatelisa

9 comments:

  1. A nice little stash of fabric! And the blocks are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These scrappy log cabins are a lot of fun! I'm new to your blog, what are all the blocks for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quite intrigued by the black and green quilt you've got happening...a background perhaps?! Green grass and a night sky? The mind boggles!

    Love your polka-dots...excellent choice of theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee...what a surprise that you picked polka dots!!! LOL I love your strippy sting blocks. They are fun to make, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did they make that sign just for you?? WOW your so special. I love it!!
    Your log cabins are coming along, so happy.
    Congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes for your birthday! Love the polka dot fabric. our batik quilt is coming along beautifully - looks very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your batik work...i've never had any, but i'm getting the itch. 81 scrappy cabins...wow! i'm working on my scrappy cabin too...but mine are bigger and when i hit 20 i decided to sash them. i can't wait to see yours all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your 4th and 6th designs blocks are gorgeous! will you be making something big or small?

    ReplyDelete