Monday, April 6, 2009

And now for the show...

I don't have much time for idle chit chat!!! I am off to hear Harriet Hargrave at guild tonight (no rest for the weary!!!)

I did want to share some of my photos of many of the quilts displayed at the Lancaster Quilt Show.

Here is a sampling.....
Quilts from the Lancaster Quilt Show, April 2009
The colors were fantastic. There was a special challenge called Living Color (and many of them are above)!!!! Hard to pick a favorite!!!!

This one is by Karen Kay Buckley...
Karen Kay Buckley
This one is fun and even has little toy cars on it...
IMG_2755

This one is by Sue Nickels...
Sue Nickels' quilt won a ribbon
I love the color and the 3 D effect of these blocks...
IMG_2750
How about the workmanship in this quilt....
IMG_2748

and the wonderful flying geese here....
IMG_2711
There are plenty more photos on my flickr album, so check them out if you have some time!

Gotta run!!!

My very own bus

Upstatelisa

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a show. Lancaster has so many great quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....those quilts are sure EYE CANDY!!! I think that Lancaster show consistently has better quilts than at shows I've attended in other locations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quilts! I love the pic of you standing next to the train [or whatever it is, lol].

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I lost myself looking at all the pics you posted to Flikr! I had to laugh at the sheep though. Thanks for posting these. They are all extraordinary. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing pictures from the quilt show! Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures, thanks for posting!
    Lots of inspiration there!

    ReplyDelete