Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I have been dyeing to try...

Last night, I was perusing some blogs, trying desperately to read through a large accumulation on my reader when I popped by and saw something interesting on Oh Fransson's blog. Hmmmm...

I have been dyeing to play with fabric and dyes but I don't yet have the right supplies! I am hoping to do try my hands at it this summer in the garage, but until then...

But wait, I CAN stop all my other projects for a few minutes to try something else!!!! Right?!!!

So this morning before homeschooling began, I grabbed some fat quarters, cut them into fat eighths....
fabrics before
dropped them into a water and bleach mixture...
fabrics soaking...
and voila!!!

fabrics and their discharged pair
Not earth shattering or even totally amazing but kinda interesting! Kinda fun! Kinda like I have to try it again!
contrasts on original and discharged fabric
I wasn't sure what to expect. Malka did say that some fabrics just discharge better than others and that I should keep track of that (note to self).

Well, back to my regularly scheduled projects until the next whim grabs a hold of me!!!
My very own bus
Upstatelisa