Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another day in Paradise....

Yup, sure is! A snow day... kids are home from school, snow is falling fast and furiously, the shoveled driveway is probably all ready covered....

another day in Paradise

Oh joy!

Nature Boy had trouble finding his paper he needs to get into a site on the computer for studying for his math quiz. Where is that paper?!!!!


Gee... do you think it could be in here???

Somehow.. it surfaced in there!



Oh boy!


And Sugarbaby decided to make a dessert for tonight and Teenager was trying to help but there was a minor skirmish that had to be stopped...



Just plain ol..... OY!






So, let's light a fire in the woodstove...

Fire up my trusty sewing machine...
and go into hiding....
Yup... just another day in Paradise!!!!

Last week, a bloggy friend, Pat, bestowed an award upon me that I have neglected to acknowledge until now. Thanks so much Pat!!!!

This, I believe, is a blogging award that originated in Portugal and this is what it says about the blogs who are given this award.....

"This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are extremely charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their award."


It would be hard for me to choose just eight special bloggers, so bloggy friends.... you all deserve this award!!!


I was also presented with this award...



by Sara, a fellow New Yorker (of the Central NY type). This award asks that I list 5 addictions (me???? I don't have any! okay, maybe just one or...) and pass on this award to 5 other bloggers. Again, it would be hard for me to choose just 5 (I mean 5 bloggers, not addictions), so let me know if you decide to try this out!

My addictions, as of this moment, are...

1. Fabric...okay that goes without saying! Can never have enough of it!!! Lancaster PA here I come (save some fabric for me!!! I will be there in early April!)


2. Quilting... a day without quilting/sewing is a very sad day!!!


3. Snacking...I love to nibble throughout the day and it takes a lot of restraint lately to curb those in between meal munchies but I am trying!!!


4. Talking...once I get going, it is sometimes hard to get me to stop! Just tell me!


5. Exercise...okay, I don't know if this is quite an addiction but I do have a routine and I know it makes me feel so much better when I stick with it!


Well, it may almost be time to head out to shovel but I had better make a quick stop in my sewing room!



5 comments:

  1. I love your new blocks! Doesn't the arguing and the skirmishes just get old? Seriously. It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just noticed your new header (it may be old, i'm very behind!), but i love the phrase "with a penchant for wonkiness." so you! winter makes for grumpiness in my neck of the woods...or should i say testiness...ok...downright gritchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blocks, LOVE the basket.
    the snowman in your header is adorable!
    oh yes we had a snow day too , she did homework almost all day. Crazy!
    I pulled lots of fabric out for a new project and sewed, it was a great snowday!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful Wintery pictures!

    Love all the blocks you made!!

    ReplyDelete