Monday, December 29, 2008

Aftermath, part deux, and a small dilemma

Well, here we are.... December 29th and halfway through the holiday break. I almost feel like I have a holiday hangover now!!! It is thick, heavy and weighs my body down... maybe it is the kids that have one more week of break LOL! (but I don't think that's it ....or is it?).

Maybe it is the fluffy white snow that turned to this...
dirty... brown, gray... and it is everywhere! On the streets, on your clothing, in your cars, in your house....

Maybe it is the fact that Santa is pooped and glad to close up the workshop for the season.

It was a busy place for weeks!!! Here are a few of the homemade goodies I made for loved ones...
homemade gifts
Luckily.... they have gone off to other homes!

Maybe it is all the messes around the house....
know of any good cleaning fairies???

On a lighter note, I got some Christmas cash and spent some of it today on a new slow cooker...

and have borrowed some books from the library to try out....
(I do have a gift certificate to Amazon.com and plan to buy some books (maybe a cookbook and a craft book). Recommendations for either?

The past couple of days, I have been playing in my sewing room with my scraps...
making more freezer paper paper-pieced scrappy log cabins...
More log cabins!

I am now up to 60 blocks!!!

I now have time for some fun (and me) sewing and so I will share my dilemma.... I love messenger style hand/shoulder bags like the one I made from a Burdastyle pattern that I modified slightly...

I made a zipper pocket which currently holds candy for Sugarbaby when she has unexpected low blood sugar and my chapstick..

and I added a couple of side pockets inside to house my phone and whatever fits in there (but one is often empty)...

The rest is jammed full with a wallet, packs of gum, a checkbook or two, pens, a small cosmetics bag, a zip up bag holding overflow cards (like library cards that don't fit in my wallet), contact lens case, hand lotion, more candy....

and I can't find anything when I need it!!!

So, I am looking for a pattern or an idea on how to modify one of my current patterns. I need to get organized! Fast!!!!!

Any ideas???

Well, that is all for today... a load off my shoulders :-) ...

10 comments:

  1. I Love the blocks!!
    Hope your not getting blown away with all the crazy weather upstate! hold tight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been super busy! The blocks are wonderful. 60! wowie. It is like that snow here too. Ugly and blacking. I have piles and piles and piles around my house and street. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also can never find anything when I need it!!!! This past week it has been my ADSL connection! :)
    Your logcabin blocks just look beautiful Lisa! As does that monkey! And as for the snow it looks beautiful but I must say I would rather it over here where the airconditioner is on flat out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have been busy! love the log cabin squares, they look wonderful!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a bag like that, and I ended up making little zipper- or drawstring bags to hold all the little stuff that you only need occasionally, such as chapstick and candy.... It is much like the way you would pack your backpack for a long trip, but it works for me :)
    It also makes it easier to move stuff from one bag to another.
    I made my little bags from different fabrics, that way I can easily locate the snack-bag etc.

    Love the blocks you have made. 60?! How many are you going for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 60 blocks...holy moly! those are going to be something special! looks like you all had a lovely christmas. wishing you a great start to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you don't know what to do with the 60 blocks, I'm sure my bed could use a new quilt (or two)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats the worse thing about snow -- the dirty after slush, your blocks are coming along great..
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your snowflake basket and all of your colorful blocks! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the only idea i have is for one of those purse organizers
    http://thegivingflower.de/?p=920
    http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2005/02/purse_organizer.html
    i am loving your log cabins

    ReplyDelete