Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Aftermath

So.... now that we have had a little over a day to recover from a weekend of snowstorms....
lotsa snow!
We are left with, what some might call.......
a Winter Wonderland!!!!
Yesterday, on my way home from dropping off Sugarbaby at a friend's house, I took a scenic way home and this is what I saw....

a beautiful old church nestled in the snow...
some wonderful red barns...
.. I love this one!
a large barn which appears to have been converted into a home....
a most glorious stone carriage house....
a spectacular view of the mountains...

and my favorite.... old houses!!!!
I just wish someone would invite me in...so I could snuggle by their fireplace!

Now... your eyes are not deceiving you...
that is a cyclist in late December, on the snow filled roads of upstate NY!
And now that the snow has arrived.... the bitter cold temperatures have arrived for a day or so.

Last night, I had to go out at 11 PM (yes, I was all ready asleep!) to retrieve Sugarbaby from a failed sleepover and to my surprise, this is what the temperature read...
Oh lucky us! By 5:15 AM today, it had warmed up...
(almost tropical.... NOT!)

So, while I savor my Crunchie bars from a wonderful bloggy friend (who knows how much I love them! thanks again, Lisa!!!)...
and wade through Santa's exploded workshop...
I will attempt to finish up some projects!

Make up bags from this tutorial...
(let me know if the instructions are confusing... I have all ready broken the sewing machine needles and done the ripping out for you!)

Pajama bottoms....
and maybe a pillowcase or three....
Stay warm!!!! and inside!!!!