Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Aftermath

So.... now that we have had a little over a day to recover from a weekend of snowstorms....
lotsa snow!
We are left with, what some might call.......
a Winter Wonderland!!!!
Yesterday, on my way home from dropping off Sugarbaby at a friend's house, I took a scenic way home and this is what I saw....

a beautiful old church nestled in the snow...
some wonderful red barns...
.. I love this one!
a large barn which appears to have been converted into a home....
a most glorious stone carriage house....
a spectacular view of the mountains...

and my favorite.... old houses!!!!
I just wish someone would invite me in...so I could snuggle by their fireplace!

Now... your eyes are not deceiving you...
that is a cyclist in late December, on the snow filled roads of upstate NY!
And now that the snow has arrived.... the bitter cold temperatures have arrived for a day or so.

Last night, I had to go out at 11 PM (yes, I was all ready asleep!) to retrieve Sugarbaby from a failed sleepover and to my surprise, this is what the temperature read...
Oh lucky us! By 5:15 AM today, it had warmed up...
(almost tropical.... NOT!)

So, while I savor my Crunchie bars from a wonderful bloggy friend (who knows how much I love them! thanks again, Lisa!!!)...
and wade through Santa's exploded workshop...
I will attempt to finish up some projects!

Make up bags from this tutorial...
(let me know if the instructions are confusing... I have all ready broken the sewing machine needles and done the ripping out for you!)

Pajama bottoms....
and maybe a pillowcase or three....
Stay warm!!!! and inside!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE so many of your photos. Do you care if I save them in my photo files to look at and enjoy here and maybe print for putting on my walls in the house here? Stay warm AND dry...and get that tenant of yours to shovel the rental parking lot!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos.
    Enjoy the holidays. Try to keep warm.
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay warm - Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas - those flannel PJ's and pillow slips look so very cosy!Look forward to more upstate inspiration in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful set of homes in the snow. Love them. We have so much snow here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful photos lisa.
    I hope you have a wonderful wonderful christams and i look forward to (trying) to keep up with you in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos!! I love all the houses/barns and that wonderful church!
    Stay warm and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey upstate!
    Wow. I WANT that little STONE HOUSE in your photos... How cozy! that snow! beautiful! our measly 3 " melted on xmas day since it hit 50...
    stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's -16C here today!!! Not as much snow as you though.

    ReplyDelete