Friday, January 2, 2009

Getting my rear in gear!!!

Okay, so, it is still really cold out and there is still a lot of snow around which will likely be here for the next few months (groan)....
but inside, it is warm and dry and I have been sewing....
.....wish I was under one of these right now... but the only time I sweat right now is when I work out at the gym (like the 5 mile run I managed this morning).

While I don't often spend much time reflecting on the past, I do have to say that last year was a great year of growth artistically, craft-ally (can that be a word?), and sewing-ally (yeah, I know that really isn't one either). I did manage to stretch my skills, try new things, and put together this collection of quilts and quilties....
Boy did I have fun making these in 2008!
But when I walked into my sewing room yesterday, I knew I had to clean up my act so that I could start this year fresh!!!!

I went to Joann's and bought two thread spool holders to get all my threads off my sewing table....

I cleaned up my shelves and did some rearranging....

Organized my scraps (I have a whole other LARGE box to go through this coming weekend)....
and set aside some projects to finish up (sleeves and labels)....
I can even see the table surface!!!!
So, I am ready to go! and I have a deadline to meet.... a Hawaiian quilt has to be done and ready for auction on January 24th for our annual JDRF gala to raise funds for research into a cure for type 1 diabetes. Nothing like pressure!!! (last year's quilt is above, top right in the mosaic of quilts and brought in $1700.)

Before I get going, I just want to remind you all that the Premiere of this season's Stars on Ice which Sugarbaby and I saw in Lake Placid NY on November 29th will be televised on NBC this Sunday, January 4th at 4 PM EST
Stars on Ice Moments

And if you hear a voice yell out, "I love you Sasha!!!", you will be hearing my Sugarbaby calling her favorite figure skater!

Have a good weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I'm always so impressed with your dedication to working out...and so early...and in such weather!

    It feels great to get organized, I've been doing the same, but not my sewing stuff. You've got quite a great stash of fabrics! And love your projects from last year, fun to see them all in one place.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it never seems like you've done much and then when you put it all together like in your mosaic you can see exactly what you have done - you should be proud of yourself :-)....
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such wonderful work! And I can't wait to see the Hawaiian quilt you are working on, the blocks you have shown so far are so beautiful, happy and summer-y (is that a word??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful to see your project mosaic...so diverse and all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are terrific! I thought our snow here in Illinois close to Wisconsin was going to last until spring but we had a freak warm spell and heavy rain with flooding so it is mostly melted except for large piles in the parking lots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Running 5 outside? Where ever you did - good job on getting it done! I am in Syracuse and just cannot get myself outside to run before work so I am usually on the tmill (until the weather breaks).
    You've motivated me to clean up my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa! You missed the traingle mini quilt you made for me in the 6 - 12 inch swap! Its too beautiful to miss out! All that snow....... stinking hot 37C here. Hot, HOT, HOTTTTT! Melting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a scrumptious stash. your shelves look really nice. i fear i need to reorganize my stash too, as i have a couple stacks in front of stacks...so i need to move some of the fabrics elsewhere
    i loved every quilt you made this year, such a great year quiltwise for you!!

    ReplyDelete