Friday, January 2, 2009

Getting my rear in gear!!!

Okay, so, it is still really cold out and there is still a lot of snow around which will likely be here for the next few months (groan)....
but inside, it is warm and dry and I have been sewing....
.....wish I was under one of these right now... but the only time I sweat right now is when I work out at the gym (like the 5 mile run I managed this morning).

While I don't often spend much time reflecting on the past, I do have to say that last year was a great year of growth artistically, craft-ally (can that be a word?), and sewing-ally (yeah, I know that really isn't one either). I did manage to stretch my skills, try new things, and put together this collection of quilts and quilties....
Boy did I have fun making these in 2008!
But when I walked into my sewing room yesterday, I knew I had to clean up my act so that I could start this year fresh!!!!

I went to Joann's and bought two thread spool holders to get all my threads off my sewing table....

I cleaned up my shelves and did some rearranging....

Organized my scraps (I have a whole other LARGE box to go through this coming weekend)....
and set aside some projects to finish up (sleeves and labels)....
I can even see the table surface!!!!
So, I am ready to go! and I have a deadline to meet.... a Hawaiian quilt has to be done and ready for auction on January 24th for our annual JDRF gala to raise funds for research into a cure for type 1 diabetes. Nothing like pressure!!! (last year's quilt is above, top right in the mosaic of quilts and brought in $1700.)

Before I get going, I just want to remind you all that the Premiere of this season's Stars on Ice which Sugarbaby and I saw in Lake Placid NY on November 29th will be televised on NBC this Sunday, January 4th at 4 PM EST
Stars on Ice Moments

And if you hear a voice yell out, "I love you Sasha!!!", you will be hearing my Sugarbaby calling her favorite figure skater!

Have a good weekend!