Friday, October 24, 2008

TGIF... I think...



Well, it was a frosty start to Friday... (28 degrees at gym-going time!)....
but sunny...
The mountains are beginning to brown as the leaves finish their peak of color... too bad, so sad...

Today, I continued on my odyssey to check off more items on my to-do list...
And Sloppy (aka Sugarbaby) has reared her ugly head (or at least, her ugly side of the bedroom) again...
Since she and Nature Boy only had a half day (8-10:40 AM isn't really half a school day), I told her that she was to start the cleaning process at 1:00 PM, she told me 1:15, and at 1:30....
I moved in....

did some rearranging...
and a lotta disposing too...
And remember the work I accomplished yesterday at the apartment building??

which ended up like this...
Well, this is what it looked like this morning!!!
I did manage to hit the sewing room for some more free piecing...

and I had this idea that I wanted to make a hibiscus, so I downloaded an image from google, sketched a bit...

and eventually, came up with this...
I think I might do some sort of embellishing... beads, maybe?
Hope it looks somewhat like the sketch...
It took a lot of little strips and a lot of piecing...

which always results in this...

But I know how to clean up my own messes!!!

Have a good weekend!!!!

11 comments:

  1. love the hibiscus...hot today - no frost here unfortunately!! I don't clean kids bedrooms anymore....I close the door!! LOL....mind you the "kid" is almost 24! I am getting to the gym most mornings and loving it...it makes a good start to the day I find....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats alot of leaves! The hibiscus is lovely. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great hibicus. how many are you going to make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a most lovely weekend!
    beautiful pieced flower!
    Nice clean room!
    Ugh for leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Already dreaming of summer ... hibiscus and all! Looks great. You really have done an amazing amount of work! I am starting to get very scared about what sort of weather we will face ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hibiscus is so pretty, and so hibiscus-sy. LOL! There are so many itty-bitty pieces, it must have taken forever to sew!
    Sugarbabysmroom looks like my room when I was living at my parents' house.....and I am a very neat person now, it's just something about being young I guess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hibiscus is lovely! The leaves just keep coming don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. you really are too good to keep tidying up .. love the hibiscus
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your piecing and those leaves are awesome-you have a lot of compost!

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa...that hibiscus is complicated. it definitely looks like the image. how big is this one going to be?

    ReplyDelete