Monday, October 27, 2008

Barely a stitch all weekend!!!


Saturday was a miserable day.... dark, damp (well, really pouring rain damp!), dreary...

The kind of day for a hot drink and a couple of homemade oatmeal raisin cookies...
The kind of day you want to lie in bed all day... (but I didn't, I went to the gym first thing and then I was busy driving kids here and there).

Now... look at the bed!!! Notice anything??? Like... I am lying in a bed with NO QUILTS?!!!!

My kids have lots of quilts on their beds...
I have a couple of quilts hanging on the walls of my bedroom .....

Round Robin Quilt

notice how they both have houses/cabins....
cabin in the woods
But NO QUILTS ON THE BED!!!! Why?!!!!

Because the quilt that I started for our bed is still in pieces!!!! A real UFO....
A pile of crumpled blocks that were started in a class and I did make more on my own, but a king size quilt is a little overwhelming!!!!
even if they are big blocks (I think 16").....
I suppose I should rectify that problem.... some day......

Sunday, we, at least, saw some sun...
and mist...
and wood..???????
Lots of it!!!! We had a cord and one-third dumped on our driveway to stack and use this winter in our wood stove. Luckily for Mr. U, he was at work (funny how that always happens...even on a Sunday!).

Nature Boy got bored quickly and created caves...
and left Sugarbaby and I on our own to finish the job!

Some of the pieces looked pretty cool....
I sure got my exercise!!! Even after running 5 miles at the gym that morning!!!!
After two hours, we had it stacked in front of my sewing room window...
and in the garage!
Look here....
my sister said recently when she saw a similar photo, "You can always tell that it is Fall when the test strips start falling from the trees." She thinks she is witty! She doesn't have to see these things everywhere!

And while Sugarbaby skated for almost 2 hours earlier on Sunday....
I did manage (finally) to do some handiwork...
I am trying out some fingerless gloves to try to keep my hands warm and my fingers free when I help out at the other skating rink.

Hope I get some more sewing done this week! And.... I hope you all have a good start to your week!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts for your children! It is time you had one for yourself, but a king size is huge! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend and I hope your week starts off just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is more than one quilt per child though, right???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if you didn't sew, your weekend made me pooped just thinking about all you did. That wood!!! Holy cow. So much. The weather actually looks lovely. I love fall rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no quilt in my bedroom either...i'm shaking at the thought of a king size...but i would love one in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quilt with the big tall trees! very nice lines... Geez, I guess you had nothing to do all weekend... !!!!! I hope you had a nap... I need one after reading that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooohhhh..... You should sew just one block a week for your bed-quilt! That way it'll get done almost without you noticing it :-) And really....it is much to beautiful to be a UFO.... Come on! You can do it! One a week! You can even commit a post it every week.... Do it!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete