Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Let's Get Serious!!!!

Well, it really was a miserable day outside in upstate NY and the 'S-' word has been mentioned (Get Serious! it is a little early for that!) by the metereologists today!!!!
See..... yesterday....
today.....
same mountain... different day!

Luckily, the postal carrier has been good to me lately and kept my spirits up!

This cute little package of fabric arrived this weekend...
which I won over at Nancy's blog! Not sure what they will become yet...
Sarah's package arrived from north of the border today...

How incredibly cute!!! She says that the embroidery thread glows in the dark. I have the quiltie under the lights right now so I can check it out!
And she included a couple of other goodies...
When you eat your Smarties, do you eat the red ones first?... (only kids growing up in the 70s in Canada, might know what I am talking about!). Smarties north of the border are what Americans think of as M&M's (there are no Canadian peanut Smarties, that I know of, unless things have changed since I moved away) and Smarties to American's are what Canadians call Rockets (can't find info online about them)... just a little confection information!!!! I do miss some of my Canadian candy!!! especially Crunchie bars!!!

Speaking of confections and assorted fattening, sugar-filled foods. I really need to GET SERIOUS about what I am eating. I have been exercising daily but really need to stop sabotaging my work!
I added my name to Wendy's Crafty Creative & Fit list some time ago but I have to get focused again.

My list is getting checked off slowly in spite of my troubles focusing this week.
Many of my non-sewing items on the list have been done, but I am still hoping for some quantity time in my sewing room soon. I need to GET SERIOUS!!!!
I did start a Hawaiian house...
but free pieicing and auditioning fabrics leads to this...
which will be one more thing to add to my list!!!

I did a little doodle today too,
but I would like to do more and want to know how to doodle!!! Can you help me? (hope that doesn't sound too stupid, but I am serious! I love the look of doodling... how do I do it?!)

Hoping tomorrow leads to some serious time sewing for me and you!!!!

11 comments:

  1. What a fun post. The Christmas fabric is great. I just love the Halloween quilt. Does it Glow? I was so comforted to hear I am not the only one that is good at exercise but not so good at eating what I should. Why is that so hard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the difference in the mountain! Our meterologists here in Denver have been predicting (light) snow here for weeks. I haven't seen any! My husband insists it is a ploy to gain more ad revenue due to the people who keep checking to see if it is going to snow-that is me!

    Your quilt is great! I love the fabrics you included.

    Doodling- I doodle, some are cool and most are not. I don't know if it is something you learn as much do a lot of and slowly your doodles really become something. For me, doodling is a process. I do remember in college watching a favorite professor doodle and I always loved what it came out as. I don't think he was as enamored with his own work. That probably holds true to most of us, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the mini quilt you received and i love your aloha house! can't wait to see more, hopefully after tomorrow, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are ya buried in snow yet??? We sure could use some here. It's sooo warm and I'm sick of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow?? Wow! I love the hawaiian quilt you are working on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'do you crunch them very slowly or eat them very fast?'

    Australians who grew up in the 70s will remember that ad also (perhaps our version of it anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. if ever we do a swap together i'll send you some crunchie bars. now i want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were forecast snow today and it has snowed further down the country but not actually here -yet!!! Love the halloween quilt - are these the crunchies you mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunchie
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have Smarties here too!! and no I tend to leave the red ones till last!! Made some 'Smartie cookies' earlier this week !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. doodling, i've always doodled too... I do most of my doodling when i'm supposed to be paying attention to something else, like a phone conversation or a seminar/lecture, etc. And... I think i've always done that... from grade-school on. I don't doodle very well if i'm really focused on doodling. its best when it's only getting half my attention. maybe that's the trick?? anyway, on the subject of doodling, I just ordered this book, thought it looked fun: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1600590616

    and when you need doodle inspiration, check out this awesome lady's work! http://spiritcloth.typepad.com/spirit_cloth/doodle_wednesday/

    I LOVE your tropical quilt! I lived in FL for 22 years, your quilt inspires me to do something that reflects what I miss about that place!

    ReplyDelete