Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Let's Get Serious!!!!

Well, it really was a miserable day outside in upstate NY and the 'S-' word has been mentioned (Get Serious! it is a little early for that!) by the metereologists today!!!!
See..... yesterday....
today.....
same mountain... different day!

Luckily, the postal carrier has been good to me lately and kept my spirits up!

This cute little package of fabric arrived this weekend...
which I won over at Nancy's blog! Not sure what they will become yet...
Sarah's package arrived from north of the border today...

How incredibly cute!!! She says that the embroidery thread glows in the dark. I have the quiltie under the lights right now so I can check it out!
And she included a couple of other goodies...
When you eat your Smarties, do you eat the red ones first?... (only kids growing up in the 70s in Canada, might know what I am talking about!). Smarties north of the border are what Americans think of as M&M's (there are no Canadian peanut Smarties, that I know of, unless things have changed since I moved away) and Smarties to American's are what Canadians call Rockets (can't find info online about them)... just a little confection information!!!! I do miss some of my Canadian candy!!! especially Crunchie bars!!!

Speaking of confections and assorted fattening, sugar-filled foods. I really need to GET SERIOUS about what I am eating. I have been exercising daily but really need to stop sabotaging my work!
I added my name to Wendy's Crafty Creative & Fit list some time ago but I have to get focused again.

My list is getting checked off slowly in spite of my troubles focusing this week.
Many of my non-sewing items on the list have been done, but I am still hoping for some quantity time in my sewing room soon. I need to GET SERIOUS!!!!
I did start a Hawaiian house...
but free pieicing and auditioning fabrics leads to this...
which will be one more thing to add to my list!!!

I did a little doodle today too,
but I would like to do more and want to know how to doodle!!! Can you help me? (hope that doesn't sound too stupid, but I am serious! I love the look of doodling... how do I do it?!)

Hoping tomorrow leads to some serious time sewing for me and you!!!!