Saturday, October 18, 2008

Going in every direction...

To the north....

the Adirondack Mountains!

To the west...

West Mountain (an apt name!), a portion which is waiting for snow for skiing, snowboarding and tubing.


To the east...
the mountains of Vermont.

These photos were taken at the end of this week while I was driving kids here and there, all over town and beyond!

Here are some colorful close ups of the trees dotting the mountains on the west side of town.
Imagine looking out of your house to this...
I hope you aren't too sick of the fall photos! It is such a beautiful time of the year here and it passes so quickly. Soon... the leaves will be gone and it will be dismal. Even worse is the snow which will 'grace' our earth here for 3, 4 or 5 looooong, cooooold months!!!! Stay tuned for those photos!

Not only have I have been running in many different directions around town, but even at home too!

Mr. U and I met with our accountant for three hours and now I can say that I know what I am doing!!

.....I think! It is a lot harder than sewing!

And so I headed back to the sewing room to just sit in one place, and I managed to complete a couple of projects.

I finished my Halloween swap ...
but can't show you more yet! It is on its way to my hometown, to Sarah! Funny how that happened!

I also made myself a new messenger bag using a pattern I found at Burdastyle...
Of course, I added some things to the bag, like closures...


and a pocket...
or two...
And the kids have been busy too!

In the kitchen, Sugarbaby created these goodies, oversized peanut butter cookies...
some larger than others...
Nature Boy made us a cake...and he is working on a skeleton from milk jugs....
the directions apparently are on the Family Fun website.

And finally, I have changed my photo on my Blogger profile..
Going for a more sophisticated look (I made it for a swap, but sad I don't have it... just the photos!) and not that of me when I was 5 years old...


11 comments:

  1. Such lovely colours in your part of the world!! Love your latest bag - especially all the enhancements you have made. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never tire of beautiful photos. i adore that skeleton. be sure and tell him he's done a wonderful job. you will show the whole thing, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all the beautiful trees turning colors for fall. I never tire of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fall pics and am looking forward to your snow ones too. That skeleton is great. Weren't you a cutie ahhh
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your messenger bag...those clasps are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep up the fall photos i say. the mtns look beautiful. this is my favorite time of year and i cant get enough fall. sweet bag, and i like the closure that you added

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww! I like that photo of you! like the quilt too but, keep reminding yourself of that 5 year old... How easily we forget...
    Love the fall foliage pics.And the skeleton is cooL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lisa is that you in that shot? I always thought it was Sugarbaby!
    That bag it really fantastic!!!!
    I am so pleased that it doesn't snow here! I love the warm weather ... don't do to well with cold!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing more beautiful than the Adirondacks in fall. My FIL's property has the most amazing view up there. Love the goodies and the cute pic of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That skeleton is so creative! What a clever idea :-)
    I never tire of the beautiful photos you take, Denmark is really flat, so your photos are where I see mountains ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please keep the fall photos coming. I'm living vicariously through them... and that skeleton is great.

    ReplyDelete