Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Temporarily out of focus...



Sorry that I haven't been around the past few days...

but I have been feeling...

a little out of focus...
Do you ever get that feeling??
Where you don't know what end is up? What to do next?! So I sat down and wrote a list of most (but not all) everything that I need to focus on accomplishing...
That is not to say that I haven't done anything in the past few days!


The U family took a little expedition to the 'big city' to shop...

till we dropped...
(well I didn't indulge, but the bottles looked pretty all lit up on the bar in the restaurant... maybe I should have had one.... I mean a drink... not the bottle!!!)

I did get some really wonderful swap goodies from Shannon for our owl/mushroom themed swap...



She apparently was inspired by this 'shroom which I spotted on a hike over the summer....
Shannon also spoiled me with some fabrics...


Those piles of bound fabrics were hiding these lovelies from Marimekko....

how will I ever cut into these?!!!!! OH! EM! GEE! (as Sugarbaby might say!)
and these cute owl goodies!!!
Thanks a bunch, Shannon!



I stepped into my sewing room today but I am lost and flustered...


so I will share some of my past fall projects...
that are scattered around ...
the house....




9 comments:

  1. i do that list making thing too when i'm unfocused...i'm sure you'll find your way. love that marimekko fabric...i think i'd simply frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lists are good for me too sometimes, but then sometimes I just get even more frustrated. Seeing everything I need to do, and not having any motivation or inspiration to start any of it! I am sure you know what works for you, though! Hope you work it out soon, because it is really frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm, that mushroom photo looks very interesting.....
    Love all the goodies. Let me know your plan for tackling to your list 'cause I "can't see the forest thru the trees either".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa that list looks HUGE! I'll be watching to see what gets crossed off first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to write a list too, it's surprising how undone things creep up on you! Very nice fall projects, love the last one with all the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been a bit like that this week....I have a few swap deadlines creeping up along with lots of other things that happen in life...including work......and then everything gets scattered and I can't seem to settle to doing any one thing and then of course nothing gets finished....which leads to more unfocused behaviour....so am hoping this weekend I can sit down with the list (already done) and try and cross a few things off!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cleaning bedrooms again - oh dear. Love your Fall quilts, I think the middle one is my fave
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I last looked at bloglines on Wednesday (my time) and zip from you ... well seems you are no longer foggie!!!! Very cute owl! And very cute little quilts of yours!

    ReplyDelete