Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Is it Wednesday all ready?!

I arrived at the gym this morning and I sat in my car for just a minute so that I could figure out what day it was!!! After Monday's holiday (Columbus Day for all you non-Americans - yeah, I know, it was also Thankgiving Day in my country of origin), I am all mixed up (doesn't take much these days!).

And our school district has a 'Superintendent's Day' on Friday, so the kids only have 3 days of school this week!!! Crazy!!! It is only a month and a half into the school year, for goodness sakes!

Well, before I went to the gym, I took a minute to enjoy the beauty of the full moon...


and by the time I returned home, it looked more like this...
Breathtaking when set against the reds of autumn!

The colors of fall are just spectacular now!
This tree is in our neighbor's yard, across the street from our house...I have been busy working on a project but can't show much to you all...
since it is a swap surprise for Sarah who hails from my hometown!!!!
Once it is sent and received, I will give you a full color view!


I have found a couple of great giveaways worth mentioning...Pigtails and Snails (see the banner on the sidebar, left) is giving away a most wonderful quilt! and Indie Fixx is having an Autumn Cornucopia Giveaway worth looking at! People are celebrating Fall all over the place!!!


Well, Wednesday is just about over and it is time to get me some sleep so I can make the most of Thursday, which seems to be creeping up quickly... have a good night!

11 comments:

  1. Hey...spare a thought for me....it's already Thursday here! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids have at least a week's holiday every 6-7 weeks. Our term is broken into half terms add to that public holidays, religious festivals, inset days for the teachers and to be homnest I may as well just keep them at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what gorgeous fall colors! My dad is from Rhinebeck in the Hudson River Valley and I miss seeing those fall colors on the east coast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah...you made it to the gym...awesome for you!! Wendy www.therunningquilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...i sure wish our trees looked like that! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee! Those trees are amazing! So so beautiful!

    Good for you for getting up so early and heading to the gym. I haven't been to the gym in weeks. So so bad :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only 5 school days left for us!!!!! Lisa those colours are amazing no wonder you guys get so excited about Fall! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those trees look like they are on fire - gorgeous
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those trees have some pretty wild colors, they are beautiful, one looks almost blue?!
    I love the fabrics you are using in your swap-quilt :-) I'm looking forward to seeing that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, i agree with Tine. The "blue" spruce really lives up to its name in that picture. nice eye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those leaves are certainly inspirational - fantastic colours!

    ReplyDelete