Monday, September 1, 2008

What a weekend!!!

Busy, busy, busy!!!


On Friday, I accompanied Mr. Upstate on another hike up Prospect Mountain at sunrise...

This is the light shining through the forest onto the trees...
The sun rise was beautiful..
and the leaves, they are a-turning....
Friday evening, when our mail finally arrived (ya just never know when the mail carrier is coming in our neighborhood), there was a package for me from Mary Jane...

with all sorts of black and white lovelies (does she know me or what?!)...
Isn't this Doll Quilt gorgeous!?
With just a hint of dotty bright green!!!
And she made me this very cute pouch!!!
The chocolate is gone or I would show you that too!

Friday night, I met a New York State Trooper but more about that later!!!!

Saturday morning was a car wash to benefit our local figure skating club...

and now my car is clean!!!!

Saturday night, was a pajama party at a quilt shop near Albany NY with my some of my quilty friends.... we stopped for Thai food first and I (it looks like I am wearing an exit sign on my head but don't be fooled... I am not!) chose the Vegetable Sushi Dinner....

check it out!!!
And then, we settled in for a fun evening of sewing laughter, food, chatter and....melting..????


Blogless Deb had her small applique iron between the four of us seated at two tables in the shop...
And Janey was filling a Ziploc bag of mine with her 'scraps'... can you imagine she was going to throw these out?!!!!! I'll take em...And the bag musta flopped over on the iron... So now I have a new handbag!!! That is the only photo I have of Janey (your middle section... sorry!)
and Deb with her smoking gun....
This is Blogless Laura with one of her masterpieces in progress....
and the green fabric she bestowed upon me for retrieving her credit card from a quilt shop (and I didn't even buy anything with it!!!)

And while in a quilt shop, you do as the quilters do.... shop!!!!
This black and white (of course) Jane Sassman fabric was screaming at me as I entered the shop to buy it!!! And I did!
and I added this...
and some orphan cuts...
This is what I worked on for the evening, a pattern and a bundle of fat quarters that I musta bought eons ago (well, okay, probably 5 years ago)...and a couple of finished blocks....


Yesterday, I did some outline quilting on this quilt for Mr. Upstate...
A close up of the quilting and the background with the sandcastle fabric. I would like to do some free motion quilting too but I am not sure what to do... any ideas??
This is the backing...

Sloppy took up stitching last night and this is her first project that she designed...
She loves stitching!!! A girl after my own heart!

And the finished piece built by my men...

Finally, as I mentioned before, I met a State Trooper after dark on Friday night, when he pulled me over on my way home from delivering Teenager's friend (the girls were at the mall), after Sloppy flopped into the car and announced that her tubing for her insulin pump had snapped (i.e. no insulin delivery in one with type 1 diabetes who is all ready reporting high blood sugar...OY) and I was hoping to get home quickly!!!

But I wasn't stopped for speeding! Phew! No! One of the two light bulbs in my passenger side headlight was out and so I was pulled over for inadequate lighting!!! What a scam!!! So now, I have to get the light fixed (Mr. U and I tried to access the bulbs but the VW Passat is a lot more complicated than one might think!) first thing Tuesday and send in my proof of such!

So.... in the interest (and urgency) of time, I am postponing the deadline on my giveaway until September 3rd (the next day) at 8 AM (and yes, Sloppy will be awake!)
Finally, the kids don't start school until September 4th but the countdown has begun!!!!


8 comments:

  1. love your quilt that you received! and the video! ha! we watch "my name is earl" and that guy is on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. vegetarian sushi: love it!!
    school starts tomorrow here!! doing the happy dance!! all that time to sew sew sew!! yay yay yayy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many things in one post - the branches look like they are on fire.. the black and whites are just great. Hope Sloppy is ok
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! So much stuff happening. I love the pic of the light on the trees and your dinner - how huge was that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow whee! Your doll quilt is soo you, especially with the green polka accent! Love love the Winter Blooms fabric in your blocks!!!! G-O-R-G-E-O-U-SSSS!! PS Do I really look that scary in person Lisa? (for the rest of you all, I'm the one with the smokin' iron). We had such a great time at the "pj party" (aka girls nite out). It was so hard to decide if we actually wanted to sew or shop for fabric, so we spent about 2 hrs of doing each.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those trees almost look like they are on fire!
    The dollquilt is wonderful, and how fitting to sew in black&white for you! LOL!
    Sloppy's stitching is great!

    ....oh...and YUM! Vegetarian sushi, it looks delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who needs lights??????? Good luck with school on Thursday! What have you got planned for your first child free day?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a weekend indeed! I love seeing all the pictures and the projects. You are always an inspiration. I also love black & white... as a matter of fact that is what I had already planned for today while the kids are in school (YIPEE!)... a black & white purse for myself since I always seem to wear black & white!

    ReplyDelete