Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Passing the time....

Summer is almost over!


And as Alice Cooper says, school is only out for summer! One more day to go!!!!

So we are busy passing the time...


Nature Boy made a bird feeder with some of my yarn and tree pieces....



which has hosted several visitors.. mostly tufted titmouse and black capped chickadees or nuthatches (can never tell the difference at a glance)...
He even baked us some snickerdoodles!!!!
Today, Sloppy was awoken at 6:45 AM (and tomorrow will be earlier).



And while I had her cleaning her stuff in her bedroom, her stuff in the family room, her stuff in the kitchen....I worked on modifying this tutorial (that I have kept aside) in order to use it to house Sloppy's life line, her insulin pump...


I added a lining and interfacing, a loop for the strap that holds her various pouches around her waist, and attempted to make the pattern smaller...
I still need to figure out how to shrink it some more (I think it is still a bit too roomy) and make the strap loop smaller and better, but Sloppy was very happy!
She wears these pouches 24/7 (unless she is bathing, swimming or figure skating) so they get a lot of wear and she is a fashionable gal!


Teenager with Lots of Stuff, when not working at the coffee shop, is busy trying to accrue more STUFF!!! That girl has been spending a lot of time at malls in the past week shopping for more back-to-school clothing (for goodness sake!).
I think it is okay if you are seen wearing the shirts that you wore last spring, isn't it????


Yesterday, I decided to add some free motion leaves to Mr. U's quilt...


but I didn't want them to be attached to each other, so I am quilting each leaf individually and then hiding the threads.
I quite like the effect so far. But it is gonna take a lot of leaves on this one!!!!
Finally, I got these delivered from Erica's (one of the only places I know of to find Aussie mags in the USA) today...
Of course, by the time they make it to the USA and into our hands, they are months late (I saw the ad for the Young Designer's competition that has all ready had its winners announced! I might get that copy by next summer!)
but I see some projects in my future!!!!



Don't forget, I will announce the winner of my giveaway tomorrow!!! Run! Run! Run!!!

2 comments:

  1. loving the leaves you are quilting on this. when you say hide the threads...how do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I curious about the hiding of threads as well... The leaves look beautiful! And look like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete