Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Polka Dot Way...



The first week of school (okay! first 2 days) and September ended with seeing dots!!!! Lots of 'em.

With the hot weather of Friday, I was seeing dots (of sweat)! Phew! Crazy weather for upstate NY!
Saturday, we saw lots of dots from Hanna, that is.... rain and downpours from Hurricane Hanna!

So, what better way to pass the day than by sewing!!!!! I pretty much tuned everyone out and headed to my sewing room where I...

made another scrappy log cabin for my collection....

started a hearts-themed quiltie (with black and white dotties!) for a swap...
and after seeing Jacquie's little neighborhood and her cute sun, I was inspired to create the house with a polka dot door....
Which makes me think of ....


Growing up here, with a brother 8 years my junior, I used to see him watch that show. I thought the show was kinda silly.

I had so much fun making the first house, that today (which is more human weather-wise) I set out to make another....

I like the look of the primitive black outlining. My featherweight is a little more tricky to control than my Bernina (I miss you, Bernie!) and so my flower is a little more wonky that I planned, but it works!

Good news! I ran 3 miles in 29 minutes, 20 seconds and didn't drop the IPod once!!!!!! Sure had a lotta dots of sweat after that run!

Yesterday, Nature Boy discovered other uses for the new soldering iron and dotted his way to this creation...

And check out these dots!!! I picked this package of undies cuz of the colors (and they were only package in my size)

and I have cupcakes on my knickers (I love that British word!!!)!!!

P.S. Thanks to Lio from Switzerland, Nicolette from the Netherlands, and Karen from Rhode Island for stopping by to say hi!

8 comments:

  1. cute cupcake knickers - don't you just love polkas. Which site meter do you use as I was thinking of adding one ?
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cute little houses!Polka dots always add a nice touch to projects! After seeing your scrappy log cabin progress and the one done by Melly, I think I had better put my scraps to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your house blocks are so cute! I loved the Polka Dot Door back in the day. My Canadian friend has a personalized license plate that says "POLKAROO"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little houses are fantastic!!!! Dots are my all time favorite!
    Oh I just took a look to the left and what did I see all My Lisa's in one spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow again Lisa! Too cute to even put into proper words. Love the cupcake breeches; oh sorry, knickers. Is there is difference?; in English speak, that is? Marvin is really branching out. SOmeone just HAS to discover him and get that boy an engineering scholarship or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those houses are so cute! Wonderful!
    And the polka-dots are great...gotta love polka-dots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i juat wanted to say i love your blog i am new to sewing and finding your blog so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those houses are addicting! yours are so fab...loving how you did the grass! i see a support group in our future!

    ReplyDelete