Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Multi-tasking!

multi-tasking (mul′ti task′iŋ)
noun
Comput. the execution by a single central processing unit of two or more programs at once, either by simultaneous operation or by rapid alternation between the programs


Well, then, I guess I am kinda like a computer (but my brain couldn't possibly be a SINGLE central processing unit... I have too much to do)!!! Many of us are multi-taskers and today just seemed to be one of those days when I was doing many tasks simultaneously and rapidly alternating between them.


I start my Tuesday early at the gym, pumping...


and then run home to get the kids going for school, while eating my breakfast, trying out the latest crossword puzzle, and telling everyone to get ready! But on the way home (which is not very far away), I am all ready thinking about my next blog post...


This sun caught my eye... beautiful big red sun, seen with a flash...


and without...
Once the kids get off to school, I have some computer work to do but about half hour into my work, Sugarbaby (aka Sloppy) calls me from school to tell me that she has no more test strips!!!

No more test strips?!

Well, how can that be??? A week and a half ago, we brought in.....glucometer, lancet, canister of test strips, glucose tabs, candy, juice boxes, granola bars, and a small shoulder bag to carry said stuff outside the class. And then, a week ago, we brought in insertion sets, reservoirs, Glucagon, extra pump pouch, syringes, bottle of insulin, extra glucose tabs and candy. Phew!!! (yes, she is high maintenance) But I didn't send in an extra box of strips and a glucometer is no good without the strips to measure blood sugar.

So, I leave my computer work to run over to the school to drop off a box of test strips, and while I am at the school campus, I might as well....

distribute the rest of the figure skating club flyers to the k-3 building. They are the white things on the bottom right, under all the refreshment supplies that I just happen to be housing in my car for our quilt guild since we are moving to another location beginning this weekend. Even my car is multi-tasking!!!!

Back to finish up at home to finish my work on the computer, shower (yes! I haven't even showered since coming home from the gym about 2 hours earlier!!), answer the phone while still dripping wet, distribute clean laundry, and head out on some errands and meetings.

Got some banking to do...

and no time like the present to take another snapshot for the blog...
This is our tallest building in the region. I think it is about 12 stories tall. It would be a shame to have tall buildings here... we wouldn't be able to see the mountains.

And before heading home, might as well stop to get some groceries for home and a tote to contain all those refreshment supplies flying around the back of my car...
At home, I wash the dishes (the breakfast dishes, that is!), while making some Rice Krispie treats for the kids (who will be home before I know it) and head to my sewing room for a bit...

This is my latest house in the latest series of houses on linen... Had to do something about my recent fascination with mushrooms!!!


And a close up....
The houses as they are so far....
But wait!!! I couldn't possibly be working on one project at a time!!!!
Hmmmmm.... what is this????? (And that doesn't even include the 2 swaps I have to get going!)

14 comments:

  1. whew. that is a busy day!!! isn't being a momma fun? ;)

    I love your little house blocks. they are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your little houses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! It's a great job, isn't it? Being a mom!
    Your houses are absolutely adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy gal you are!!

    My two-year-old rides around on her little ride-on car "trying to find a car park" saying "Just have to drop this off..." "Just have to go pick up some things".... where on earth could she have learned that???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a nap just reading all that! How do you do it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. The houses sure are looking adorable! And I think the thing at the bottom is turning into eyes. Am I even remotely close???

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, I don't know how you keep all that straight. more power to you...love your mushrooms...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just feel like you live in the car I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh ~ I'm tired just reading your post... and I thought my days were crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mushroom house! At the end of the multitasking definition in the dictionary it should probably say "also see Female" :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The houses are so....over the top AWESOME! They probably want to come out west... there I go being greedy, they are really amazing.

    Sometimes if I don't take pictures of my day...by the end I have forgotten that I finished anything. Good Work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the mushroom house is your best one yet - I've always had a fascination with these . When I was little and got a new colouring book I would turn to the mushroom house page first and would get so disappointed if there wasn't one!
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh a new craft... yay!!!! And those little houses look great! How is Bernie?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a cute lil mushroom house. You accomplish more in one morning than I do all day!

    ReplyDelete