Saturday, August 23, 2008

An Absolutely Perfect Day!!!

Rather than donning my running shoes and heading to the gym early this morning, Mr. Upstate and I headed to the mountains....

a nearby mountain, at about 5:30 AM, and hiked up to watch the sun rise ....
As it grew lighter, we found lichens, mosses, fungi, tree stumps, rocks....



Flowers greeted us as we came down the trail....



But the sun rise was magnificent....



especially when we reached the top....
looking down on the lake...
out towards the mountains...
with some clouds hanging over the higher mountains of the Adirondacks...
and I took oodles of photos of exquisite mushrooms which will hopefully be inspiring in our next month's 6"-12" mini quilt swap...






I think this one is my fave....


this one was huge....
I love the color and texture of this one...


and when I saw this one...
yeah, well we took a little artistic license in this photo!

After breakfast at a local diner (sans les enfants, if you know what I mean...), a shower, and a quick trip to the library, we headed to the town pool to cool off...


and topped off the day by reading and watching a movie at home.


Couldn't ask for a more perfect day!!!! (even if I didn't craft/quilt/sew)

P.S. If you want to see more of my hiking photos, check out my set at flickr.

5 comments:

  1. Thats the sort of day i would love to get to do, mostly the walking part of it.
    Great picks aswell of your day

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a perfect day to me too - love the fungi
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phewww, you have been busy these, last few weeks! I am finally caught up and the mushroom pictures are really cool. Who would have thought that you would find so many on one hike? Good for you! I love the neighborhood quilt, it is very cute/cool/beautiful. When I saw it I felt that I should finish my house project too! What inspiration! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete