Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer is almost gone...



Why do I have the feeling that summer is almost gone???

Maybe it is the fact that we stopped into the middle school today to load up Nature Boy's locker(school starts Sept. 4th here in this part of upstate)...

Can you believe the dorky names they have for the hallways at the middle school?! I mean, really (this is middle school)!

Maybe it is the appearance of bright red apples...

or the beginning of leaves falling to the ground...

Maybe it is the position of the sun changing (this is at 5:00 PM)...

or the sun setting so much earlier (this is at 8:00 PM)...

Maybe it is the kids hanging out more at the computer...

or the Playstation...

rather than playing outside all day!

Or the 'good' news (boohoo! this was in our paper today)....

BUT, I am still sewing summer clothing!!!!


and I haven't finished all the projects I started!!!!

Look on the bright side, though...

my car and house might stay cleaner just a little longer!!!

BTW, my bloggy friend, Tine, helped me understand the Google Reader, so now that I know about site feeds, I have put all your blogs in my reader and have added a tab on my sidebar so that you can subscribe to my blog with your reader! Thanks Tine!!!

9 comments:

  1. You are so very welcome!! It really frees up a lot of time :-)
    Summer is almost over :-( It's a little sad, but then...I quite like the changes every season. I didn't always, but after spending 3 years in California in my 20s, I realized, that the changing of the seasons is so much a part of life for me, that it was really hard to be without!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that your Summer is ending ... but I too (even through the freezing cold & rain) am seeing the signs of the end of a season .... beautiful full buds on our Jasmine!!!! Bring on our summer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been very behind on reading blogs but just wanted to tell you that I love reading and seeing what you are up to. Your color choices are fabulous and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually mourning too. Then the bright side is I have 5 hours to myself everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that you understand feeds and readers and i don't know whats, you can explain them to me!

    i feel a change in the air here in fl too, but we still have several warm months left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are slowly moving to autumn too, it might sound daft but you can smell the difference in the air
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They canceled supply drop-off day in our district, so the kids have to bring everything with them on the bus on the first day. My daughter isn't sure she can do it: "I'm just a little kid!"

    Google reader is great. Now you can read dozens of blogs at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just for the record, the almanac predicted a record hot, dry summer. In the end, we had almost record rainfall so I wouldn't put too much stock in the almighty almanac.

    Another sign of the end of summer, went back to school clothing shopping with BM last night. Also had too check all the boys' clothing for the high holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't believe you weren't using a reader...be careful...my list is getting sooo long...it does save so much time, though.
    since school has started i'm sort of wishing summer away. ready for fall and a chill in the air.

    ReplyDelete