Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Nature Boy is Growing Up!

Once upon a time, 12 years ago today, a Nature Boy was born!

One who liked playing in the dirt (with worms!)...
who liked getting dirty....
and getting wet....


and who liked the great outdoors...
(deep sea fishing in PEI)

(deep sea fishing in Florida)


That Nature Boy is growing up fast...
(his shoe is on the left!)


But he still likes playing in the water...

He still likes the great outdoors...
and finding wild life..



and he still likes getting dirty!!!

Happy Birthday, Nature Boy! I love you!!!!


Nature Boy has an incredible sweet tooth so for breakfast today, in his honor, I made these Nun Farts after I found the recipe in a fellow NY'er/flickr friend's Kitchen Goodies set...




Tonight, we will dine on his favorite, homemade pizza and ice cream sundaes -make your own- (a.k.a. add as much syrup and sprinkles as you can!)


Sending out a big SCREAM! to my bloggy friend, Kellie, and in particular to her 9 year old daughter, Megan, whose quilt that she entered in the Young Designer of the Year Competition, will be featured in the December issue of Homespun (a magazine which I wish was easier to find in the US). It is so exciting!!!!!! Way to go Megan!!!!!


Finally, this afternoon, I finished my shirt from the infamous Built by Wendy pattern.And yes, we are getting our back-to-school haircuts tomorrow evening. I can hardly wait!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your nature boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! Happy Birthday to your boy! It's amazing how fast they grow, isn't it? My baby boy turns 18 today - I guess Aug 26 is a good day to have kids! Something else we have in common, lol. Hugs to you and yours! Love, Laura in LA =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! Happy Birthday to your boy! It's amazing how fast they grow, isn't it? My baby boy turns 18 today - I guess Aug 26 is a good day to have kids! Something else we have in common, lol. Hugs to you and yours! Love, Laura in LA =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your nature boy. Withe the big feet. LOL Nice shirt you made by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Nature Boy! How great that he still likes the same things :-) They do grow up fast, don't they?!

    I went to see Megans quilt, and oh.my.goodness!!! What a beauty! Thanks for the link!

    And such a nice summery shirt you made for yourself! The fabric is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Happy Day to your boy AND YOU TOO!! Love your pretty red shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Nature Boy!!! It is amazing how quickly they grow (and how much they eat!) at that age. Love your new shirt. Good luck with all the back to school preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your adventurous boy!!!! And thank you so much for mentioning Megan's quilt! I know you know how excited she is! :) Enjoy the rest of your week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Nature Boy I didn't realize he had the same b-day as Deb and my anniversary. What a great end of summer day. Love the top and can't wait to check out your new magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy birthday , sorry its a bit late
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete