Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Change Would Do You Good....

Well, according to the US postal service and the miracle of delivery confirmation, I know that all my swaps have been received (even though I have only heard from one recipient so far- oh my goodness Helen... I never took a photo of your mini!)

So this is what was sent to Brigette for the cupcake swap organized by the lovely and funny Sharon....

a lil' basket of goodies....

and a quilted wall hanging....
complete with 'cupcake' quilted into the border...
and little quilted cupcakes!!!!


Hope she liked them!!!!

Well, I am making a few changes now that I am caught up with my deadlines and Sheryl Crow tells me that a change will do me good!


Remember my all nighter???? and the culprit????? Wehave been getting her to bed a little earlier each night and having her rise by 7:30 AM....

Change #1 - MAKING CHANGES TO BEDTIME AND MORNING SCHEDULE....

and look at what I spotted on the living room carpet at 7:30 PM last night!!!!!!

AHA! is someone getting a little tired?????? I think the changes are working!!!!!


This piece of furniture was originally yellow with white resembling bamboo (maybe?) that I acquired as a young girl in the late 60's (anyone else have that furniture set?).
But when I moved out, my parents had their house redone almost entirely in beige and gray (talk about a lack of color!) and so... my bedroom furniture fell victim to their remodeling craze....and let me tell you (just by coincidence, one of my mother's favorite lines!) it is U-G-L-Y!

Even the hardware!!!!

Change #2 ADD SOME PIZAZZ TO UGLY FURNITURE....and move to Sloppy's room so she can become less sloppy (is that possible?) with her clothing (ask me about the black garbage bag fairy some time!)

Voila!!!! (not completely dry yet)

and Marvin is repainting the desk component of the set that has been in his room since the furniture made its way to our home a couple of years back...

He says that he is painting blue/white stripes!

The other day, we went to the beach....
the one away on the other side of the lake from the crowds in the village ...
and the tourists....
But tomorrow, Sloppy, Marvin, and I are headed to my hometown, Ottawa....
Change #3 - CHANGE OF SCENERY....

just kidding!

It's summer there too!
Do some hanging out and maybe a tourist thing or two.

Hope your weekend is full of changes! They will do you good (at least, that is what Sheryl tells me!)

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you transformed the dresser...that is so fabulous pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to having you back here in the OLD COUNTRY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that little basket for the cupcake swap is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Change is a good thing, especially when the colors are so bright and fun.

    Your cupcakes are cute.

    Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time in Ottawa!!! Love the furniture transformations - makes such a difference. Your cupcake swap goodies are gorgeous as always - love the little basket especially.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it looks so beautiful! Have a great time! I'm with the others the little basket it so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cupcakes!! Someone is a very lucky recipient. Have a great time in Ottawa. Hope your mom doesn't find out about the pink dresser for a bit. I'm sure Sloppy is loving it though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I love the pink dresser - you and I are kindred spirits, I swear! I would have done the exact same color - so perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow lisa you get around! Love the dresser. Its so cute. And those cupcake creations - who wouldn't LOVE them. So so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my grandparents bedroom set was like that. beige with yellowish bamboo, and similar handles. we inherited it when she moved to a smaller place. the set had two bedside tables, a long dresser with mirror, desk and headboard. we sold the set a few years ago. love the pink. i, too, and a fan of painting furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great cupcake swap!! Our girls are really alike with their bad habits....the 'horsey' one has never needed much sleep and would easily swap night and day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dresser is lovely, what a lovely job you did.
    What a lovely cupcake swap, it is so much fun having swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love the cupcakequiltie! That is so cute...
    A change....I'm thinking a change will do me good too :-) LOL!
    The dresser looks really good in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cupcake quilt and bag are so cute! The dresser looks great in its new color.

    ReplyDelete