Monday, July 21, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

It always seems that a song comes to mind when I am thinking of a title for my blog post!

Life in the fast lane. A lifestyle that involves free spending and self-indulgence, and sometimes also dissipation and danger. For example, 'They're finding that life in the fast lane can be very stressful.' (courtesy of Answers.com)

Oh yeah, it is Life in the Fast Lane for this blogger chic!!!!

Warm and muggy end of the week. Teenager with Lots of Stuff and a friend wanted to go camping and invited Dad and Nature Boy (aka Marvin) to accompany them.

Sloppy and I were happy to stay at home (even though we were invited) but since the campground was only 15 miles away from home, we went for a visit and relaxed on the beach with Dad and Nature Boy for a bit....aaaah, our fast paced lifestyle!

Nature Boy found lots of nature, of course... a snapping turtle who really moved much more quickly than I ever thought they could....
and a frog....
They were happily returned to the water and surroundings.

Before the heat arrived, I whipped up some very delicious banana bread with yogurt, orange rind, and raisins for added flavor...
I guess, all those calories could suggest that I live dangerously(or maybe a little self indulgence, perhaps)! Yup, life in the fast lane!!!

Sloppy decided to do some pampering of her own while everyone was gone!!!Bernie (my Bernina, for those of you who have not met him) gave me a scare a few nights ago. It seemed that when I used the walking foot, I was still getting snags. ARGH!!! So I decided to whip up a sample to send in with the foot, that seemed destined to be headed for the shop while my list of projects kept adding up!!!!
But when I started sewing, I didn't have any problems... until I used the white and yellow thread!!!
AHA!!! It was the 40 wt Aurifil thread that was causing the current problem!!! Problem solved and I got going with all my projects!!!!

Someone's fast lane came to an abrupt halt when their car caught on fire!
It was so hot that the tires began to pop!

Okay.....this might be considered a little dangerous.....
stocking up on school supplies 44 days before school starts!!!!
But if you don't get the right colored notebooks early and stock up on glue sticks for 22 cents for two, then you will end up with nothing in September, let alone January when you need a black 3 subject notebook!!!!

So, onto my fast paced life....
a sneak peek at my mini quilt for the 6"-12" mini quilt trading swap for Helen ...

the theme is triangles (just in case you hadn't guessed).

A sneak peek at my cupcake swap...
The front of an almost done Doll Quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap 4...
and some of the quilting on the back...
When you have so many projects going on at once, you sometime forget which size each project is going to be... I forgot that my partner that likes orange and turquoise was for the doll quilt swap and not the mini, so I am keeping this little baby for myself!!! Total self indulgence...

Some more scrappy log cabins as a quick diversion from the fast paced life that I lead...
and some free spending....
I had spotted the cherry fabric on Amandajean's blog and needed some!!! I found some and more (or course!) at CatyLouquilts. She has some wonderful fabrics for sale and great service!

A dangerous, fast-paced life full of baking, beaching, binding, and buying .....to be sure!!!!

8 comments:

  1. that reminds me I must make some more banana bread - glad you got your Bernie problem sorted
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am envious of your "fast" lifestyle - I returned to work yesterday :( Glad Bernie's allergy to yellow thread was picked up - now there is no stopping you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kinda freaky...bought the same cherry fabric from the same etsy store...both making scrappy log cabins...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post today, I really enjoyed your photo's. You have it so warm, and here in Seattle we had a few days where it was so cool, not even making 70 degrees.
    Glad you solved your sewing machine problem, sometimes it can be so frustrating when things just don't sew right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric combinations on your quilts (and the Song title/Blog titles!).

    Send us some of your warm weather, please. We're freezing in Melbourne (Australia) this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you are living in the fast lane! :) What is it with boys & frogd/tutles? I think they're magnets for ea other!

    For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh Lisa! A sneek peek for me! Cool!!!!! Just quietly too, I found out by re-reading my 4SDQS info that my partner doesn't like orange either.... leaving those blocks in though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boy sure has a way with the wild life! How does he find all of that? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete